Disabled whistler emanating light; Disappearing equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled whistler emanating light; Disappearing equipment

First issue : I played on DE. I readied lockpick to open the door but I forgot to put out a torch to not be seen, so I also readied a bow with a water arrow (so I had lockpicks placed on the screen within the bow's sight). I extinguished a torch and pick the lock without any problems. But a few seconds later when I wanted to pull a BJ it turned out that I don't have it along with the rest of my equipment.

Second issue : this time it was Gerome (I don't know if it matters what map I was playing in both cases). Whistler went off and I got blinded by a thief. When I recovered the whistler was disabled but it was still emanating green light. Nobody was able to notice that beside me, so I made a screenshot. I will place it here if you want and if you tell me how to paste it here .
    GerbilSong gave Jimmy some unnecessary ventilation.

Originally posted by Jimmy
    First issue : I played on DE. I readied lockpick to open the door but I forgot to put out a torch to not be seen, so I also readied a bow with a water arrow (so I had lockpicks placed on the screen within the bow's sight). I extinguished a torch and pick the lock without any problems. But a few seconds later when I wanted to pull a BJ it turned out that I don't have it along with the rest of my equipment.
    Known issue on DE, if you drop a key you've picked up, your inventory disappears. Perhaps there's something else that triggers that as well.

Originally posted by Jimmy
    Second issue : this time it was Gerome (I don't know if it matters what map I was playing in both cases). Whistler went off and I got blinded by a thief. When I recovered the whistler was disabled but it was still emanating green light. Nobody was able to notice that beside me, so I made a screenshot. I will place it here if you want and if you tell me how to paste it here .
    Netcode issue. You probably experienced a moment or two of packet loss or temporary disconnection. In that period, your machine failed to receive from the server the command to turn off the light from that whistler.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
      Netcode issue. You probably experienced a moment or two of packet loss or temporary disconnection. In that period, your machine failed to receive from the server the command to turn off the light from that whistler.
      I admit it was laggy at that time. Thanks for the explanation.
      GerbilSong gave Jimmy some unnecessary ventilation.

Comment

Yeah the whistler thing has happened to me too, a while ago, playing aquatone as a guard
        I don't know whether it would actually light up thieves or not, but it seemed to work as a kind of permenant torch. I don't normally get much packet loss, but that would cause this, damn funny. :lol: Does packet loss cause any other weird things to happen?
        The DE key bug is really irritating too, especially when trying to give keys to other players, is it fixed in the newer DE, in any case everyone still mainly plays the old one with the bug
        .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Working...
        X