Ghosting Server Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghosting Server Options

In the next patch I think there should be some options for server admins that want to run a ghosting server in the Thieves vs Guards game. I know The Machine is in the process of setting up one of these servers but it would take quite a bit of admining on his part to make sure players abide by the ghosting rules. There are excellent options for co-op that could apply for TvG so I doubt it would be that difficult to implement.

AllowKOs=
    AllowGuardKills=
    (maybe)AllThievesMustExit=

If a thief breaks one of these rules he should immediately die, much like Spiders.

While I'm on the subject it might be a good idea to have some type of text on the screen at the start of the game that states these type of rules for the players. This way players won't have to ask or waste lives because they weren't sure of the rules of the server. This text could point a player to the F2 key if the rules go away before they have a chance to read it all or forget. The F2 screen could display the server rules for the game type too.

yea i was thinkin of that too! Coop has these options, so TvG should also have these options.. Also FirespammersDie=YES

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
      yea i was thinkin of that too! Coop has these options, so TvG should also have these options.. Also FirespammersDie=YES

Or how about a setting such as:

FireDamagetoGuards=

or something like that.
      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
      "Dream is Destiny"
      Waking Life

Comment

yea...that works.. OwnFiredamagetoSelf=80%

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
          Originally posted by KewlAzMe

Or how about a setting such as:

FireDamagetoGuards=

or something like that.
          That option has been available since ... well, since 1.0 (though I believe the option was originally in a different file than it is now). To change it, open ThAux.ini and look for:

[ThieveryMod.ThieveryDeathMatchPlus]
          bNoTeamChanges=False
          FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
          MaxTeams=2
          GoalTeamScore=30.000000
          MaxTeamSize=16
          FragLimit=30
          TimeLimit=40

Setting it to 1.000000 will even give guards 1 shot kills against AI.
          No Linux, No Choice.
          Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

That's not exactly what we want though. I am aware of friendly fire options, but that's not as much as I want. That'll cause problems and you know it. What I'm talking about it changing the amount one's fire damage does to oneself, not one's team.
            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
            "Dream is Destiny"
            Waking Life

Comment

No LM...we're talkin about guards who firespam themselves to get on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                That's not exactly what we want though. I am aware of friendly fire options, but that's not as much as I want. That'll cause problems and you know it. What I'm talking about it changing the amount one's fire damage does to oneself, not one's team.
                Gotcha.

What kind of problems would that cause? I have had FF @ 40% since 1.1 on my server, and no problems yet. Unless, of course, you mean players who hack each other when they are bored or just goofing ...
                No Linux, No Choice.
                Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Friendly fire should be changed. Not damage to the teammate, but 2x the damage you do to the other person on you.

So if you whack a person, the person will not be hurt, but you on the other hand will be whacked twice. ( but you will only get the damage, not an sword or bolt coming from the sky. )
                  On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                    Friendly fire should be changed. Not damage to the teammate, but 2x the damage you do to the other person on you.

So if you whack a person, the person will not be hurt, but you on the other hand will be whacked twice. ( but you will only get the damage, not an sword or bolt coming from the sky. )
                    I understand where you are coming from, but unfortunately when there are 2 or 3 guards after a thief and they gang rape him in the corner, there may be some accidental hits on other guards... imagine being part of a gang rape and then dying so the thief has an escape route.

Comment

That's true kewl. But then again I just hate people who whack you for no reason ( unless they are friends. I can take it from them, since I bash them back ) I hate people who shoot you with bolts. If the guards do chase the thief, they just have to be carefull.

This solves the bash problem, and it gives the guards a PRICE to tag bolt an other guard.

Maby make it not 200%, but 75% of what you do to the other guard?
                      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

FF should be on. At least 80%. Silly asbestos guards...

Besides, think how much fun it would be to watch one guard die because his buddy was trying to hit you and missed?
                        Kiech

Comment

That's some serious backfire... If i hit a guard, my mace will backfire and slam me in the face instead? That's just stupid...
                          Either make friendly fire, friendly fire or dont add it at all.
                          This could be limited to just firebolts, which should also be limited to just 2 per loadout.... They're burning sticks! Where the hell would you put those anyway`?

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                            That's true kewl. But then again I just hate people who whack you for no reason ( unless they are friends. I can take it from them, since I bash them back ) I hate people who shoot you with bolts. If the guards do chase the thief, they just have to be carefull.

This solves the bash problem, and it gives the guards a PRICE to tag bolt an other guard.

Maby make it not 200%, but 75% of what you do to the other guard?
                            i dont think its that big of deal except with noobs and ragers.. which should be kicked anyway. Or how about a counter that counts the damage you do to you friends and when it exceeds a certain limit, it kicks you or Damages you. or have a threshold that makes it so you can repeatedly hit your friends too long or it starts to take away life, and then as time goes by that threshold goes lower. kind of like on Aol Instant Messenger, when you send too many IMs, you start lowering your threshold. This way, ragers start getting hurt after like the 6th hit they do to you in like 10 secs... but accidental hits dont count... this should be server settable.

Comment

hehe...
                              I think ragers would simply piss of the ai's till they go beserk on the player...
                              Poor little ai, never knew what hit him.

Comment

Working...
                              X