Strength Potion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strength Potion

Cost 100-150. Doubles damage done by any weapon for 10 seconds.

Usable by both guards and thieves.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

No, because that would significantly alter the balance that currently exists between the weapons; even if it only lasts 10 seconds.

Kiech
    www.thecrackaz.com
    Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
      No, because that would significantly alter the balance that currently exists between the weapons; even if it only lasts 10 seconds.

Kiech
      www.thecrackaz.com
      All potions alter the balance that currently exists no matter which you are talking about. Thats why you have to pay a lot for it.
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

no

Comment

sounds good to me, but if guards can't use invis then i don't think thieves should be able to use strength potions or --> :swordthi:
          This is my cool sig.

Comment

How about it allows you to carry stuff at full speed?? That way I can run with the big crates
            It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

No.
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Charged Mace blow does 60 damage already, right?

I don't think the potion is a great idea, thieves (and even guards) are not particularly resiliant as it is.

Comment

Ah, you guys are all just afraid of what Ill do to you if I can do any more damage than I already do...

Wait...that IS what you're saying. Yeah, I guess I didn't think this out well.
                  www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I suggested the Strenght potion a while ago, but my idea was that it would simply make every melee hit automattically charged, plus only guards would be able to use it.

That way, you won't get uber KO thieves and you would finally have a guard only potion as well (stupid thieves and their "invis" potion... :x "Ooh! Lookie me! I can go invisible in the dark wjee!" :roll: *cough*)

Yup. Color would be white and it would cost 100 loot (standard potion cost).

And don't give me the crap that it would be overpowered, that would mean speed is overpowered as well, since you can take on fleeing thieves twice as efficiently. It wouldn't unbalance things either IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                      And don't give me the crap that it would be overpowered, that would mean speed is overpowered as well, since you can take on fleeing thieves twice as efficiently. It wouldn't unbalance things either IMO.
                      Thieves can combat speed with speed; and even if you catch them you still have to hit them 6 times with a sword.
                      Speed+proposed strength would equal a very unbalanced confrontation.

To put that into a perspective, any thief caught with a para shot would be D E D, dead.
                      Nightmaster,
                      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by Shug
                        Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                        Thieves can combat speed with speed; and even if you catch them you still have to hit them 6 times with a sword.
                        Speed+proposed strength would equal a very unbalanced confrontation.

To put that into a perspective, any thief caught with a para shot would be D E D, dead.
                        Invisibility potion would cancel out strenght potions, since the guard can't see the thief anymore.

And speed isn't a perfect counter for speed. Guards can allways just switch to the crossbow and pummel you with bolts. The 200% speed remains since speed potions just give you 200 speed regardless of what you are carrying, making maceguards as fast as nekkid thieves.

There's no such thing as a perfect counter. There will allways be counter-counters.

Comment

First off, invisibility potions are the thief's counter to the fact that guards are capable of camping objectives.

Second, any thief worth his salt can dodge crossbow bolts while on a speed pot given enough room.

Third, it's way too easy for guards to chop up a thief if a strength pot does a) double damage or b) auto charged hits. There is no counter to having the shit kicked through you going for an objective.

LR recently posted stats from crackaz, which put guards ahead overall by a slim 2 rounds. That indicates the balance is pretty good, so what do thieves get to compensate for a sudden power increase for guards?
                          Nightmaster,
                          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Good idea.
                            But there should be some kind of visible/audible cue while guards are under the effect of a strength potion.
                            Thieves should not be able to buy strength potions. But maybe they should be able to use them.

Shug - First you say that invis potions are the counter to guard camping objectives... Then you say there is no counter to guard camping objectives.

Also, stats from a PUBLIC server are not a significant indicator of team balance.
                            On the other hand, results from clan servers would be indicative of team balance.

Comment

Last time I checked, Thievery is designed to be balanced for public play, not for clan matches that take place once every couple of weeks. If one side has a boost, a clan match could still balance it - something like: One clan guards once another clan guards once.

The majority of the games are played on public servers. 2 hit kills with the SWORD are not good for a public server.

Comment

Working...
                              X