What's up with vines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with vines?

I can't help but to notince that vine arrows have that annoying range: the vine always drops, but sometimes you can't climb it!

I find this happens most when you try climbing a vine that is too tall (like vining down from the rooves in DE).

Plese shed some light on the situation. Am i the only one having troubles with this?

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

PS: This has been happening since 1.2. I'm just too lazy to post it.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Vine arrows takes skillz to use right...
    Learn to master 'em and you get up and down in no time.

Generally, make sure the rope isn't under the the roof/rafter you want to climb onto, it should stick out to the side so you can climb above it. This is to ensure the maximum collsion radius, and the greatest chance of hiting it when going down again.

Comment

I find vine arrows pretty easy to go up. It's getting on one to go down that sucks.

Comment

I've noticed this too, but only with longer distances. It is, for example, impossible to get the stuff in the well in payback and get back out again without using cheats.
        ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
          Vine arrows takes skillz to use right...
          Learn to master 'em and you get up and down in no time.

Generally, make sure the rope isn't under the the roof/rafter you want to climb onto, it should stick out to the side so you can climb above it. This is to ensure the maximum collsion radius, and the greatest chance of hiting it when going down again.
          Or, alternatively, use a crate...
          JM

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
            I've noticed this too, but only with longer distances. It is, for example, impossible to get the stuff in the well in payback and get back out again without using cheats.
            That's because the well is to big... The rope isn't long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
              That's because the well is to big... The rope isn't long enough.
              FAIL!

The rope IS long enough, but you can not climb it for some reason...

I want vine arrows fixed in the next version of Thievery. I get weird lag spikes or something where I'm facing one direction going up and end up facing outwards when I reach the top. I then fall and die. That sucks. Royally.
              TCO – Retired
              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Okay... The rope APPEARS to be long enough. But the well is still to damn deep.
                Poor citizens that has to get water from it...

Comment

I've noticed another problem with vines. They aren't climbable from water. Why? If you can fight and shoot while in water, shouldn't you be able to climb the rope?
                  GerbilSong gave Jimmy some unnecessary ventilation.

Comment

No... Your hands and feets are all slippery from the water.

Comment

But not too slippery to use BJ, sword or bow? :?

BTW : just noticed :
                      Ye shall not frob from the house i have built
                      rofl
                      GerbilSong gave Jimmy some unnecessary ventilation.

Comment

The bug where the arrow disappears and the rope isn't removeable is kinda
                        annoying (and it makes you lose 1 of your precious vine arrows! arrg).
                        AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                        Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                        Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf
                          The bug where the arrow disappears and the rope isn't removeable is kinda
                          annoying (and it makes you lose 1 of your precious vine arrows! arrg).
                          Not to mention, you can't cut off anyone following you.

Comment

I don't thisnk that people understand what's going on here.

THe problem is that the arrow sticks normally. THe vine falls normally. Bu tthe collision cylinder for the climbing action isn't expandded to the full length of the vine.

Please try to fix the vine length, or the cylinder height. It's really annoying to shoot a vine, then try to climb it only to go through it.
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Water doesn't make your hands slippery on ropes, especially if the rope is still dry.
                              ]V[]V[

Comment

Working...
                              X