Server Idea - Prooving Grounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Idea - Prooving Grounds

Since the servers forum is just for gods, (no ofense) I will post this here.
    Why not create a Private Server for testing beta maps? It doesnt have to be online 24/24, just being there ready to be activated when some beta team needs to test a map and requires some decent ping.
    Just an idea, be free to close this thread if it soudns too stupid 8)
    Feel the power of the

It doesn't sound stupid, and it's already been done, a number of times. LeatherMan's server is sometimes used for this, BrokenArts sometimes puts up a server for testing, and so does MoDeTwO (haha, screwed up your capitalization!). The CTG private server has been used for this purpose as well.

Comment

If you got a map ready, getting a server to run it for some time shouldn't be to hard to get.... At leat not if you got som decent testers.

Comment

When I clicked on the topic, I was thinking something completely different...

A map that doesn't have any win conditions; the thieves have as many lives as they need, the killed guards simply respawn (KO'd ones are down for the normal time). Now, loot would randomly spawn, maybe some Aquatone-esque evidence scrolls. Here's how it works: a server runs this map with no time limit etc. you join up, bash a few thieves, and leave when you feel like it. Just a constantly running round...

I see a bunch a flaws already, but it does seem like it would be fun.

===========================

Anyway, staying on topic: it would be nice to have a server dedicated to just map testing.
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
          Since the servers forum is just for gods, (no ofense) I will post this here.
          Why not create a Private Server for testing beta maps? It doesnt have to be online 24/24, just being there ready to be activated when some beta team needs to test a map and requires some decent ping.
          Just an idea, be free to close this thread if it soudns too stupid 8)
          Spell check, tbh. On several occasions.

Comment

I'd love to do it (heh.. beta testing!)

but then, I'm lanning my house, so i couldn't do it for another month or so :cry:
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
            X