Thievery Specific Webadmin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery Specific Webadmin

This suggestion wouldn't change the average player's life much at all, but it sure would be a boon for the admins.

Currently, webadmin for Thievery uses the default panels for UT. There's much there that simply isn't needed (why do I need to decide whether the translocator is enabled or not?), and many Thievery options that you simply can't change from webadmin. It would be nice to be able to change such things as AI level, whether or not frob and autoawakens are on or off and what time applies to auto awakens, enable or disable supply chest, and all the other options that currently require manual .ini file editing, from webadmin. Grank and I had the idea some time ago to alter the .uhtml files to support this, but upon consulting Dalai, learned that it was going to require some .u file modification as well. Perhaps, if implemented, the path to the .uhtml files for Thievery webadmin could be different than the path for the UT webadmin files, so the UT files don't have to be overwritten.

If possible, it would also be nice if implemented, if this could support Advanced WebAdmin, rather than UT's basic webadmin. Could this be considered for a future patch, or for release as an admin support package?

Yes please.

Comment

Would be nice, but I can't get webadmin to work anyway.
      JM

Comment

Might require quite a lot of scripting, if possible at all...
        But then again, what do I know of the interface of a remote admin?
        ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
          Might require quite a lot of scripting, if possible at all...
          But then again, what do I know of the interface of a remote admin?
          It might require a lot of scripting, but it shouldn't be impossible. The concept already works for UT. You can change almost all of the UT game settings from UT webadmin. Many of thesecarry over to Thievery, but there are many Thievery specific settings that are held in different .ini files than the UT .ini files that aren't accessible through the current webadmin. The interface is just .html, so that would need to be modified so that fields exist for the new settings, and however it is that settings get from that interface to the .ini files would need to be implemented.

Comment

Hokay, had a look through the non-actor objects, and found the 'WebApplication' class. Found quite a bit of script in the 'UTServerAdmin' subclass, so it seems quite possible to rescript the webadmin, and the code isn't half as bad as I expected it to be. There's even a 'HelloWeb' class that's supposed to show how web interaction works (you can try it just for kicks with 'http://server.ip.address/hello', username and password is 'test').
            ]V[]V[

Comment

Well, I don't use WebAdmin either, as I use my Thievery version of UT Reporter
              to admin Mog's

It would be easy enough to add commands to set more options, but I have only
              added commands for those things I use regularly ( like bans )
              It all has to be done with IRC commands though, no pretty GUI

What the hell, it works for me ( and the other Mog's admins )

Comment

But can you change things like the servername, MOTD's, password the server, etc?

Oh, and the GUI is not really all that pretty, believe me.

Comment

As I said, I have only implemented things that I need to do often :|
                  So, servername (no), MOTDs (no), password the server (yes)
                  Also, I have physical access to the server, so that makes things way easier
                  And did you really think I was serious about that GUI :wink:
                  If it ever worked for me it always took ages to refresh :x

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
                    Also, I have physical access to the server, so that makes things way easier
                    No kidding. :jealous:

Originally posted by Mog
                    And did you really think I was serious about that GUI :wink:
                    Wasn't sure, since you obviously never have to look at it. *grumble*

Originally posted by Mog
                    If it ever worked for me it always took ages to refresh :x
                    Ah, now that I don't get. Refreshes pretty quickly for me most of the time.

Still, there are so many Thievery specific tweakable options, but no way I know of to change them, short of .ini file modification by hand. Do you have ways of changing things like AI level, KO wakeup time, whether wakeups are even on or off, etc through your interface? If so, I might be interested in looking into that.

Comment

{CTG} Softy Guildmaster
                      Contact details updated
                      I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

Working...
                      X