Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate idea to counter campers

As usual be free to lock it if it is an old hat
    Since guards have the (useful) fire bolt, why cant thieves have a "Crack Cloud Arrow". The difference bettween normal crack arrows and this one is that the crack clpud spreads on a much wider space and lasts for a bit more time. It could be ideal for areas with lots of guards (like a exit area or a tight spot). IMO these arrows should not damage guards.
    I have two ideas on how it could work:
    1st way is similar to the normal one, on impact it releases a huge cloud of crack that affects everyone (even thieves and rats)
    2nd way, probably more tricky to code and to get would be having the arrow to release the cloud "while in the air" so thieves would have to time the distance right and avoid getting the arrow destroyed before it completly releases all the crack.

EDIT: This arrow should have the cost of a fire arrow and be limited to 2.
    Feel the power of the

I'd rather have a gas arrow that KOs everyone in the vicinity for a shorter than usual period. Should be very limited tho.

It should have the cost of a fire arrow and be limited to 2. <-- OMG MAJIC!

Seriously tho, 2 per player is waaay too much. 1-2 per map might work.
    ]V[]V[

Comment

Yes i forgot to mention that part, it should have the cost of a fire arrow and be limited to 2.
      Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
        Yes i forgot to mention that part, it should have the cost of a fire arrow and be limited to 2.
        That's WEIRD. As soon as you posted that, it magically appeared in your other post, too!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          That's WEIRD. As soon as you posted that, it magically appeared in your other post, too!

AHA! I have hidden powers that allow me to do it.
          I guess that makes the trick of the day.
          Feel the power of the

Comment

So... If you guards were camping, say... the lyre in nostalgia. You come by and Mega crack the guards standing around the lyre, and release a huge crack cloud that surrounds the lyre... Then how the hell do you plan on getting trough a crackcloud, while avoid being smashed to death by all the cracked guards going beserk and lastly grab the lyre it self while being cracked?...

I fail to see it...

Oh, and it's not camping. It's guarding.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
              So... If you guards were camping, say... the lyre in nostalgia. You come by and Mega crack the guards standing around the lyre, and release a huge crack cloud that surrounds the lyre... Then how the hell do you plan on getting trough a crackcloud, while avoid being smashed to death by all the cracked guards going beserk and lastly grab the lyre it self while being cracked?...

I fail to see it...
              AHA! I have hidden powers that allow me to do it.
              I guess that makes the trick of the day.

Comment

I fail to see it...

Oh, and it's not camping. It's guarding.
                I call it guarding too but you know...

Anyway I wasnt very specific about the effects, my fault , here it goes:
                Since the crack of this arrow was made to expand, the cloud itself should lift faster than a normal crack. When I mention it lasts longer I was talking on the effect of guards being craked for a longer period of time to give thieves a window to sneak in after the cloud lifts but we are taliking about 5 seconds more or so not a huge amount of time.

Was it clear this time?
                Feel the power of the

Comment

I fail to see it...
                  This problem cannot be solved with a crate then?!?!?
                  Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                  Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

I think the ultimate remedy against camping guards would be a nuclear device... but offcourse that would be insanely overpowered.

The crackarea arrow is not a bad idea, but as the previous person allready stated, you'd be making things harder for yourself too.

Instead, that crackarea arrow should spawn random crack clouds on impact (like the firebolt creates fire), but these clouds wouldn't give the crack effect, but rather KO guards that stay in the affected area too long (similar to drowning).

So a thief fires a Gas-arrow in a room, it will stick in a wall and spawn gas clouds (in bursts of four) that radiate outwards from the arrow in a circle and dissappear after 5 seconds or so (they move slowly). The arrow will keep spawning gassclouds for 30 seconds, or untill the arrow is removed. Guards that move through a gasscloud will start coughing and will be KO'd if they are in a cloud too long (2 seconds?).

Thieves can stay in the gas twice as long, but will be killed if they stay in the gass too long (4 seconds). So they have to wait untill the guards are KO'd and then run in and pull out the arrow (it becomes a normal arrow when retrieved).

Cost would be 100 loot and limited to 2 per person.

Comment

Originally posted by Thebos

I fail to see it...
                      This problem cannot be solved with a crate then?!?!?
                      ?
                      i didn't say that it couldn't be solved with a crate... In fact... That's what i would normally use to counter guarding.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                        Instead, that crackarea arrow should spawn random crack clouds on impact (like the firebolt creates fire), but these clouds wouldn't give the crack effect, but rather KO guards that stay in the affected area too long (similar to drowning).

So a thief fires a Gas-arrow in a room, it will stick in a wall and spawn gas clouds (in bursts of four) that radiate outwards from the arrow in a circle and dissappear after 5 seconds or so (they move slowly). The arrow will keep spawning gassclouds for 30 seconds, or untill the arrow is removed. Guards that move through a gasscloud will start coughing and will be KO'd if they are in a cloud too long (2 seconds?).

Thieves can stay in the gas twice as long, but will be killed if they stay in the gass too long (4 seconds). So they have to wait untill the guards are KO'd and then run in and pull out the arrow (it becomes a normal arrow when retrieved).
                        You THIEF! I had it all planned with KO delay and all...

Anyway, my idea was slightly different:
                        A gas arrow releases one burst of gasclouds that spread out in the room. The bigger the room, the more the gas expands in time, and the weaker the gas effect on players are. While a player is in a gas cloud, the player's view fades at a rate depending on gas concentration, and begins to spin when approaching complete blackness (maybe with a few spots of light dancing about), and when the screen is completely black, the player is KOed. If you walk out of the gas cloud, the gas effect slowly disappears.
                        ]V[]V[

Comment

Blah, blah, blah. Its time to bring back gas arrows. Of course, they would be limited to 2 and...250 a pop, just enough left to buy some lockpicks.

Kiech
                          www.thecrackaz.com
                          Kiech

Comment

Too true.

Actually, there is an ultimate anti-camping mutator: the camper loses health, speed, and inventory when they stay in onwe spot too long.

It was in the regular Unreal.
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                              Actually, there is an ultimate anti-camping mutator: the camper loses health, speed, and inventory when they stay in onwe spot too long.
                              An extremely poor idea, however, for a game one of whose major goals is protecting stationary objectives.

Comment

Working...
                              X