Courtesy of Dalai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtesy of Dalai

The Crackaz server is now running a ThieveryMod.u file, modified by Dalai. What this is supposed to mean is that the server crashes that resulted from the spawning of fragments (glass, wood, etc) when something was smashed or broken shouldn't occur any more. We tried to test it some yesterday (we ran through Theatre, Asylum and Gerome, the last two are the worst two maps for crashing), smashing everything, but people showed up and wanted to actually play or something.

If anyone notices any more crashes that they're SURE are linked to a broken object, please contact Entropy, Grank, or myself with the date and time/timezone of the crash, and the map that crashed.

No, wait, take Grank off that list. Don't contact him. He's not an admin anymore!

Will other servers be given access to this file?

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
      Will other servers be given access to this file?
      I assume so. If you need it, I can send it to you. Compressed, it's about 6 MB.

Comment

Now: does this actually fix the problem with fragments, or does it simply remove them?
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
          Now: does this actually fix the problem with fragments, or does it simply remove them?
          Neither, apparently. When testing it, the fragments are still there, and we've had fragment related crashes since running it.

There is another fix, though. It's called proper mapping. Most of th maps with actors that spawn fragments in them us a UT actor. Apparently there's a Thievery specific actor that prevents the problem. Not being a mapper myself, I don't know much more about it, but Nachimir used the correct actor for the glass in Breandor, and that map has caused very few problems.

Comment

Nostalgia - Break the skylight in library.. Thats the number one instant crasher of the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
              Nostalgia - Break the skylight in library.. Thats the number one instant crasher of the entire game.
              Why would you want to break that window, anyway? You can jump right through it. Breaking it just makes noise and crashes servers.

Comment

Well no.. 1.3 broke that feature.. now if u try to leave thru the window, there is some glitch and it slams you down on the floor 70% of the time causing energy loss. Also the glass doesn't really destroy... even though u break it.. u can still see the glass. So essentially when they fix that.. you should have to break the glass before you leave or enter thru that sky light. This is a map bug as well as 1.3, 1.4 bug.

Plus jerks like me can sit there and break it all day long and not be banned since its a genuine server problem.

Comment

Yeah, but it's simple to get back out of the library through the skylight, it just doesn't involve you leaping from the bookcase.

Comment

yes a vine can do it.. but even then the mantle still can make u fall if u dont know right where to shoot the vine... point is..noobs with common sense will try to jump out like normal.. only the vets know that u can't do it properly. This game should cater to our new friends.

Comment

Once I was the last thief on spiders when it crashed on me after shooting a moss arrow. The mosspads never appeared (or in technical terms: the server never replicated the mosspad spawning to my client).
                      Only happened once tho, so it might just have been a fluke. But then again, moss arrows aren't used that often...
                      ]V[]V[

Comment

That used to happen to me on THief2:TMA

if i bought a whole loadout of moss or vines, and kept shooting moss or vines rampantly around the level.. it would not come out and 10 secs later.. .DESKTOP.

Comment

I hate when I come to the desktop!
                          The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Is it that ugly?
                            ]V[]V[

Comment

Well... there would be some glassshards left in the window frame, right?...
                              I think it would hurt if you were trying to jump to the window and grab around the window frame with your hands... No wonder he lets go.

Comment

Working...
                              X