Lockpicks disappearing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockpicks disappearing!

Frequently after I buy a loadout the lockpicks I have just bought do not show up in my inventory. This has happened 5 times alone today. Four times in a row on Aquatone and once in Grange. I am absolutely positive I have the picks in my loadout! I use one full loadout in case you need to know. I will try re-binding the loadout to see if this helps. You sure can't do much as a thief without picks though! Can anyone shed some light on this? Does this happen to anyone else?
    You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave.

Sometimes your loadout's become fux0red... Just rebind them.
    IF you hold the cursor over the loadout, you can see what it contains in the uppercorner. See if lockpicks are there.

Comment

Also, check that you have enough loot for the entire loadout. You may have had more when you created it, or the map you are playing might allow less loot.
      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

pfft... lockpicks...

Comment

I mean... of what practical use can lockpicks be when you have a sword to bash doors down?
          pfff...
          JM

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
            I mean... of what practical use can lockpicks be when you have a sword to bash doors down?
            pfff...
            It's... um... quieter?

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
            even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
            of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Yes, but it isn't much fun to bash guards with lockpicks, either...

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                Yes, but it isn't much fun to bash guards with lockpicks, either...
                I hope the ghosters flame you.

Comment

FLAME!

there.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl
                    I hope the ghosters flame you.

Bah... I prefer ghosting, too... But the point still stands: lockpicks don't have much skull-crushing potential. :swordthi:

Comment

Bah... I prefer ghosting, too... But the point still stands: lockpicks don't have much skull-crushing potential. :swordthi:
                      So? If ghosters have nothing to do with crushing skulls to begin with, why vie for something that can crush skulls?

Comment

Just presenting the other side of the argument...

Comment

Erm, the lockpicks right now are probably louder than a sword beating on a wall.
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

Certainly more distinctive... the sound of a sword hitting a wall is more likely to convince guards that a teammate of theirs is shadow slashing.
                            Nightmaster,
                            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl
                              So? If ghosters have nothing to do with crushing skulls to begin with, why vie for something that can crush skulls?
                              If you run around with them like a headless DM-chicken you could easily put someones eye out.

Comment

Working...
                              X