Thievery Map re-make volunteers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery Map re-make volunteers

As the Devs are busy people, making changes, this and that.... they may not have enough time in the day to work on multiple projects at once.

So I was thinking that we should have volunteers pick an existing map that needs work, and modify it so that it is a little more balanced. Then we can vote on which we think is the best fix, and use it. If the devs like it too.. then they can make it official.

Maps needing changes are:

Gerome - couple of entrances to evidence room, geromes room, and bedrooms.

Asylum - Cells need some sort of reasonable second exit.. or make the body spawn in different areas.

Flats - Open the exits widers so guards can't whistler float block the doors

DE - perhaps a roof or window entrance to Loki's house

SkeltstonHead - need better map spawns...at least areas that are possible to get the map from.. Like North East house needs to be fixed.

Breakout - choke points are ridiculous.. need huge doors or more doors leading up there.

Folly - Ruby should spawn way up by warden, or up in church.. somewhere hard for both teams to rush.

Korman - Crypts coffin areas need more exits.. once picks are dropped and used to pick a coffin and eye is found by guards... the map is over.

Maps needing changes are:

Gerome - Needs WAY more loot. The times I get the evidence, I find the guards just camping Gerome's room, since that's often all they need to guard.

Asylum - Cells need some sort of reasonable second exit.. or make the body spawn in different areas - Agreed. I think the body shouldn't slow you down though, that makes it way too hard. Or make it so you can carry it invis.

Flats - Flats is fine. It's already a thief map, leave it be.

DE - Again, already a thief map. Leave it be.

SkeltstonHead - need better map spawns...at least areas that are possible to get the map from.. Like North East house needs to be fixed. - As well as the house that the bouncy thing leads to.

Breakout - I actually think the doors are fine, they're not that hard to get by. Maybe just one more door.

Folly - Ruby should spawn way up by warden, or up in church.. somewhere hard for both teams to rush - Agreed. Maybe make a new section there, but not as campable as the warden's room.

Korman - Crypts coffin areas need more exits.. once picks are dropped and used to pick a coffin and eye is found by guards... the map is over - Agreed. Maybe even make the ghost visit the crypts often, making it impossible to camp, unless the guards have a shitload of healthpots.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
      Gerome - couple of entrances to evidence room, geromes room, and bedrooms.
      This is in process of being made AFAIK.

Asylum - Cells need some sort of reasonable second exit.. or make the body spawn in different areas.
      Look up?... (vents...)

Rest are more or less poor excuses. Besides, i wouldn't have some taffer taffing around with my map and screwing it all up.

Comment

And while you're at it, why not fix the thief spawns?
        ]V[]V[

Comment

Why not just make your own map? These aren't really your maps to edit without the devs say so and supervision. If we all edited the maps the way we wanted them there would be a million versions of the same map, plus we have a hard enough time playing custom maps on the public servers, no one is going to take the time to download and play a slight alteration of it. This belongs in the suggestion forum for the devs to look at and assess and edit as they see necessary.

Comment

i would like to help ,but i am an very bad mapper And i don't have much spare time.
            Some Skulls are born to be heroes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
              This belongs in the suggestion forum for the devs to look at and assess and edit as they see necessary.
              I had to read that 3 times to get it right. I wonder why "assess" is written with double-S in the beginning?
              ]V[]V[

Comment

LOL.. MM..yes....that was the main thing i forgot.. Better thief spawns in most of these maps..

MB.. shut ur hole. Vents in Cells are not reasonable exits.. they are too awkward and vine is too unstable. Plus a vent hunter has no limits since its a tight hallway..even if u crack, flash, invisi...u still aren't gettin past him. :grin:

CD: You added a few good points as well.

Alpha: This is a free mod.. free use.. whether or not devs allow us to change the map, if the map is changed without permission in a way that is liked, then people are going to play on it regardless. :twisted:

Plus a lot of maps that get an uplift turn into totally new experiences... like Bourgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                  DE - Again, already a thief map. Leave it be.
                  That's news to me...
                  Nightmaster,
                  .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                  - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

MB.. shut ur hole. Vents in Cells are not reasonable exits.. they are too awkward and vine is too unstable. Plus a vent hunter has no limits since its a tight hallway..even if u crack, flash, invisi...u still aren't gettin past him. :grin:
                    Right... First, let's look at the the subject.
                    A cell.
                    What is the purpose of a cell? To keep someone locked up with no way out but the locked door trough which they came.
                    Throw in a vent shaft and you got a luxus cell.
                    But wait! There's more! These cell's actually connect to each other with a small window that is big enough for arrows to fly trough.

And besides... you vineskillz just suck if you can't fall down trough the vent and crawl back up again... Shouldn't take more then 5 seconds to get in and out.
                    And when your out in the vents it's not the cells that's the problem anymore.

Comment

Master builder.. u havent won any map in months since all u do is build... i would love to see u get this body though...really. Theory is there.. but please show me. In my time here..i have seen it done one time..by Freaky or CD... but it was a total run of luck.. its not something consistent..

And to further answer your question about cells.. yes.. they are designed to keep people in... but why would u have to keep a dead person in a cell? Why would he sometimes be sprawled across the greenhouse floor? Why is it called a green house anyway.. aren't most greenhouses comprised of mostly glass? Whats this nice living breathing plant area doin in this asylum where everyone is dead, bodies rotting all around, blood dripping, and even the DR doesnt look like a real stand up guy. Yet all these plants are fully green and flourishing.

Now talk to me about cell realism.

Comment

I was thinking of changing aquatone a little - just to add in an extra watcher and make the watchers possessable, as well as fix a small bug which I will not mention. But overall aquatone seems pretty balanced at the moment anyway.
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

Master builder.. u havent won any map in months since all u do is build... i would love to see u get this body though...really. Theory is there.. but please show me. In my time here..i have seen it done one time..by Freaky or CD... but it was a total run of luck.. its not something consistent..
                          lol?
                          The cell's are probaly the easiest place to grab the body (At least for me).
                          They can be rushed in no time, and if guards setup a camp, you can always throw a flashbomb inside and they will all be blinded. Then it's just a triple-flip-mario- jump (Hey... it sounds cool, but maybe just one mario then...) down, and vine back up.
                          Oh, and also the cell door is very vide, and distract the guards a bit and they will likely open the door for you and leave the cell, so you can flashbomb the rest and grab the body.

Now really, can't you find some more serious issuses to deal with in maps?
                          I have yet to hear anyone complain about the cells.

Comment

I'd help, BUT, you've overlooked a few things..

1) Gerome has allready been re-done.

2) I wouldn't start work until we had got permission from the devs, OR the author of the map. The general agreement from the rest of the commuinity would ensure that the new version was played, and nobodys shouting "awww i hate this map, the old version was way better"

I like the idea, more intricancy in the existing maps, make windows openable, secret passages, basiclly make every map like breandor.

Saying that, I love Soulsharbor too, whilst it doesn't have the opening furnature, it has plenty of "alternative routes", chokepoints and linarity bad....
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Flats & Burg need street signs.

But, I gotta say, ya do need permission from the mapper first.

Kiech
                              www.thecrackaz.com
                              Kiech

Comment

Working...
                              X