Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New weapon idea: A flaming firetorch stick

Hey,

I saw a few minutes earlier a gameplay trailer of thief 3.
    In this trailer i saw a guard walking with a flaming firetorch stick in his hand.
    It can be used like a weapon too!

So my idea was to, import this idea to thievery.
    Just add stick with an fire particle on it, to the weaponry for the guard.
    Working on TH-Haven, the first singleplayer (and coِp) missionpack for thievery.
    Get more info about it on http://freyk0.tripod.com

So, you want a flare that can ignite a thief? or does it act like a combo flare/club? or both? or something completely different? However, flarescanning becomes REALLY dangerous for a thief.
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

This wouldn't be fun to the thieves...
      JM

Comment

In the olden days guards didn't carry flares, they used firetorch-sticks to relight firetorches.
        Working on TH-Haven, the first singleplayer (and coِp) missionpack for thievery.
        Get more info about it on http://freyk0.tripod.com

Comment

Originally posted by freyk
          In the olden days guards didn't carry flares, they used firetorch-sticks to relight firetorches.
          Must I point out everything else didn't happen in the "olden days" that happens in Thievery...
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
            Originally posted by freyk
            Must I point out everything else didn't happen in the "olden days" that happens in Thievery...
            That, and who says Thief/Theivery was set in the past anyway?

From a visual standpoint, I think your torches are good idea. From a gameplay standpoint (making them weapons) would, IMHO, excessively shift game balance towards the guards which would not be good. Gameplay>> Visuals.
            Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
            Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

They didn't have flares in the old days...

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                Or potions, flash bombs, vine arrows, moss arrows, crack arrows, scouting orbs, mines, whistlers....
                The only constant is change.
                (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Right, but thief and thivery have flares, so why would they want to go back to torches that always go out?...

Comment

Actually, they already exist in Thief/Thievery. Ya' just cannot currently pull them off the walls. They also last a little longer then fares.

Comment

This idea will do fine.

Right along with Megadude's suggestion for shit on a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Thebos
                        Actually, they already exist in Thief/Thievery. Ya' just cannot currently pull them off the walls. They also last a little longer then fares.
                        If you screw around with my TorchSnuffer mutator settings...let's just say you can relight the same torch with one flare.
                        ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                          Or potions, flash bombs, vine arrows, moss arrows, crack arrows, scouting orbs, mines, whistlers....
                          Congrats CD, you just got 7 out of 8 possible points!
                          ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
                            Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                            Congrats CD, you just got 7 out of 8 possible points!
                            What about: Firebolts, tag bolts, paralyzebolts, water arrows, scouting orbs or watchers?

(Did i forget something?

Comment

Mines! Catlops!

Comment

Working...
                              X