Guards.. hmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guards.. hmmm

The only thing I can say about this game is, being a guard is lame i reckon, but thats probably just because i hate being a 1 man army tank style dumbass titan thing.

But, is there anything you can do to make guards more fun. Every time ive been a guard, I do what everyone else does (cos i am a noob ) and they all seem to just camp a room, gets pretty boring.

Another thing, considering guards wear full plate armor, dont you think they should be a tad bit slower than thieves in very light armor? (makes sense to me)

Then again, my last idea didnt go down very well at all (flares made into torches).
    http://nuclear.atomicstorm.com

Originally posted by Nuclear
    The only thing I can say about this game is, being a guard is lame i reckon, but thats probably just because i hate being a 1 man army tank style dumbass titan thing.

But, is there anything you can do to make guards more fun. Every time ive been a guard, I do what everyone else does (cos i am a noob ) and they all seem to just camp a room, gets pretty boring.
    You can do far more as a guard. The most effective guards actually go looking for the thieves (patrolling).

Another thing, considering guards wear full plate armor, dont you think they should be a tad bit slower than thieves in very light armor? (makes sense to me)
    It may make sense in "real world" terms, but there's the issue of game balance to consider. Guards being inherently slower means it would be quite a bit easier for thieves to get away from them, tipping the scale in the balance of thieves.

Then again, my last idea didnt go down very well at all (flares made into torches).
    I'll admit, I voted against the idea, but again, on the basis of game balance, not because it was a bad idea. Having the flares with a limited lifespan means that there's at least a chance that a skilled thief will be able to hide in the dark from a guard who's searching for him.

Comment

I can't just let this slip by without saying anything.

This is just wrong, and bad, and evil. Being a guard is NOT lame. I am not a 1 man army tank style dumbass titan thing.
      I am a man. I have tools. I have a sword. It can kill thieves, no surprises there. I also have tag bolts. I will buy 20 or more sometimes, and health potions, and follow a guy around who is patrolling, taggin him to light him up, and giving him health if he needs it.
      You must be sneaky. You are a guard, but you CAN be tricky. Think tricky. Go into a room...mark where things are. If they go missing, search the area. If you think you see a thief somewhere, pretend you don't until you are ready to kill them. (look slightly away, but keep them in view, while arming whateve weapon you want to use first.)

So, 1: Guarding is not lame. Its exciting...patrol. 2: Don't be a dumbass titan thing. You can be one-hit killed, so play SMART. You're not a titan, and you're not a tank. Thinking of yourself that way will just get you dead.

However, I hear we will be getting more tools to use in 1.3 (goody!!!)

And like LR said...the speed is a balance issue...

GGGOOOOOOOO GUARDS!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X