Wall gripping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall gripping?

I just thought of this on a recent 20-mile car trip to center-city Philadelphia.

If you can grab a wall and pull yourselfup, why not hang over hte edge for a while. maybe shuffle a bit left or right to inch along a wall? MAkes sense to me!

Feedback?
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Neat idea, like it, think it's been said it's not possible in the Unreal engine.

Comment

You can do something similar on theatre, with the hedges next to the sewers/crypts. If you mantle up them, you can sidemove. But it's because there's that ceiling that keeps you from mantling completely.
      JM

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
        Neat idea, like it, think it's been said it's not possible in the Unreal engine.
        It has been suggested plenty of times before, and the conclusion was that new moves would be possible, yet difficult to do, escpecially since we'd need new model animations.
        Mappers could add tiny invisible ladders to most ledges for a similar effect, but that would ruin mantling.
        ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
          Originally posted by LaughingRat
          It has been suggested plenty of times before, and the conclusion was that new moves would be possible, yet difficult to do, escpecially since we'd need new model animations.
          Mappers could add tiny invisible ladders to most ledges for a similar effect, but that would ruin mantling.
          Hmm...then just put them where you can't mantle anyways. A 'general rule' would have to be made for mappers to follow, though, so we all know what is and what isn't 'gripable' the honor prob goes to whomever does this first.

Kiech
          www.thecrackaz.com
          Kiech

Comment

Nah.

YOu'd need ot copy some scripting from Metalgear, which uses a similar engine to UT, but in newer stage. So, in theory, you could copy and paste some of the scripting code. Unfortunately, his would, in reality, occur in a systemwide crash.

Good idea. Impossible ot do wiht the current engine.

TRASH IT!
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
              Impossible ot do wiht the current engine.
              Now where in the Ninth Chapter did you get that idea?
              ]V[]V[

Comment

Umm. I dunno.

If it can be feasibly done, I say do it.

If not, forget it.

Comment

Good idea.

Can be done.

Damn hard to implement.

Conclusion, wait until the 5.0 patch.

Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

Working...
                  X