Good idea.

Can be done.

Damn hard to implement.

Conclusion, wait until the 5.0 patch.

Leave a comment:

• Radamanthus
    replied
    Umm. I dunno.

If it can be feasibly done, I say do it.

If not, forget it.

Leave a comment:

• MortalMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Radamanthus
    Impossible ot do wiht the current engine.
    Now where in the Ninth Chapter did you get that idea?

Leave a comment:

• Radamanthus
    replied
    Nah.

YOu'd need ot copy some scripting from Metalgear, which uses a similar engine to UT, but in newer stage. So, in theory, you could copy and paste some of the scripting code. Unfortunately, his would, in reality, occur in a systemwide crash.

Good idea. Impossible ot do wiht the current engine.

TRASH IT!

Leave a comment:

• Kiech Bepho
    replied
    Originally posted by MortalMonkey
    Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Neat idea, like it, think it's been said it's not possible in the Unreal engine.
    It has been suggested plenty of times before, and the conclusion was that new moves would be possible, yet difficult to do, escpecially since we'd need new model animations.
    Mappers could add tiny invisible ladders to most ledges for a similar effect, but that would ruin mantling.
    Hmm...then just put them where you can't mantle anyways. A 'general rule' would have to be made for mappers to follow, though, so we all know what is and what isn't 'gripable' the honor prob goes to whomever does this first.

Kiech
    www.thecrackaz.com

Leave a comment:

• MortalMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Neat idea, like it, think it's been said it's not possible in the Unreal engine.
    It has been suggested plenty of times before, and the conclusion was that new moves would be possible, yet difficult to do, escpecially since we'd need new model animations.
    Mappers could add tiny invisible ladders to most ledges for a similar effect, but that would ruin mantling.

Leave a comment:

• Lurox
    replied
    You can do something similar on theatre, with the hedges next to the sewers/crypts. If you mantle up them, you can sidemove. But it's because there's that ceiling that keeps you from mantling completely.

Leave a comment:

• LaughingRat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Radamanthus
    started a topic Wall gripping?

Wall gripping?

I just thought of this on a recent 20-mile car trip to center-city Philadelphia.

If you can grab a wall and pull yourselfup, why not hang over hte edge for a while. maybe shuffle a bit left or right to inch along a wall? MAkes sense to me!

Feedback?
Working...
X