Some ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some ideas

- When buying your equipment, the right half of the screen should display a page with information about the object your hover your mouse on. This would be great for new players, and I don't think it's hard to implement either.

- If a guard catches on fire, all his flares should ignite and drop to the ground.

- A timer for flashbombs, so they bounce over the ground/walls when you miss them. They'd still go off immediately if you throw it on a guard directly, or if a guard runs over one. To compensate for the fact that it is harder to use, the range to blind people would be increased a bit. This would be great as an anticamp weapon, as you can bounce it around corners and thus use it without being seen.

- Equipment!!
    (costs may need tweaking)

Thieves:

Cloak of shadows.
    Thieves that wear this mantle appear as ghosts to whoever lays their eyes on them. It permanently reduces the visibility level of the user with 15%.
    Cost: 100 banked loot.

Padded shoes.
    Leather shoes with soft furs beneath the soles. It greatly dampens footstep sounds and falling noise. It permanently reduces walking and falling sounds of the person wearing it by 50%.
    Cost: 160 banked loot.

Locksmith.
    No lock poses a problem for a true locksmith. Locksmiths only need half the time opening a lock using lockpicks. If a locksmith buys no lockpicks, lockpickable objects will take twice as long to open than if he would have a set of lockpicks.
    Cost: 60 banked loot.

Bracelet of haste
    The person wearing this accesory is empowered with incredible speed. It raises the walk/run speed of the owner by 10%.
    Cost: 120 banked loot.

Guards:

Helmet
    It's allready in the game. Makes it harder to be KO'd yadda yadda.

Crossbow thimble
    Makes it easier for someone to pull back the string one the crossbow is fired, reducing the reload time. Reduces reload time for the crossbow by 25%.
    Cost: 160 banked loot

Full plate (or a shield??)
    Wearing full plate can make someone all but impervious to melee and broadhead damage. However, it has no effect on being KO'd. It reduces any damage done by 50%. Excluding fall, drown and fire damage.

Armlet of obedience
    Any person wearing an armlet of obedience is said to be able to control the animal kingdom. Hostile creatures will regard the owner as their master, and can be easily tamed. This item gives someone the ability to turn hostile spiders into friendly pet spiders. You can only have one pet spider at a time, so when you allready have a pet spider, hostile spiders will not be tamed. Also, some hostile creatures cannot be tamed, for instance Devilfish or certain species of spider (big daddy).

Discuss.

A lots of these are really good ideas!
    All the top, general ideas like the equipment info, the timed flashbombs the dropped flares etc.
    Some of the ideas for equipment are also good, most are seemingly upgrades to your thief character which would be very interesting.
    I like the padded shoes, but don't think the cloak of shadows would be very good in the game...
    Think of an invisible running, standing, swordthief :swordthi: . Eeek!
    Locksmith is a good one, though and many of the guard ones are great ideas, such as armour (Australian spelling), the extra armour should slow the guard down though, and crossbow thimble is a good idea.
    I don't think Amulet of Obedience would be so useful, as it would only have a use in levels with spiders etc.
    Some of your equipment ideas are great, but more importantly the general ideas are all good, I especially like the equipment info menu idea.
    .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Cloak of Shadows doesn't make the thief completely invisible, it just reduces their visibility with 15% wherever they go.

So if they stand in full light, visibility would be 85% instead of 100%.

I don't know what the visibility level is for swordthieves, but if it goes under 10% when he'd wear a cloak, the visibility for swords should be upped a bit. (any visibility level under 10% is allmost equal to invisible).

Armlet of obedience is a quirk item, but it can be usefull nontheless. Theres spiders in many levels, not only TH-Spider (maps such as Korman, bourgeois and asylum have spiders too). Think of having pet spiders in Korman. It'd be great.

And also... it'd be great if Full plate equip would be a shield item instead. It'd do the same as the armor, but it would explain the no-speed penalty and why people with full plate look the same as people without it.
      Only thing is that the dev's would have to add a potential shield sprite to the guard model (shouldn't be that hard, right?)

Comment

Some reasonable ideas, Virus... but a lot of them seem too "RPGish" to me. The emphasis should stay squarely on players to make their own skills, rather than "enhancers", like a cloak of shadow. Tools should be, in my opinion, mostly useful for obtaining objectives, escaping, or accessing areas for thieves rather than supplementing their abilities in some fashion. I'm a little dubious about weapon upgrades for guards, too... but that's just a personal thing.

Also, the amulet of obedience would dramatically change maps like spider and bourgeois. The ability to make animals attack guards is a very useful one.

As for the item descriptions, I like that idea.
        Nightmaster,
        .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
        - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
          Armlet of obedience
          Any person wearing an armlet of obedience is said to be able to control the animal kingdom. Hostile creatures will regard the owner as their master, and can be easily tamed. This item gives someone the ability to turn hostile spiders into friendly pet spiders. You can only have one pet spider at a time, so when you allready have a pet spider, hostile spiders will not be tamed. Also, some hostile creatures cannot be tamed, for instance Devilfish or certain species of spider (big daddy).

i like this idea
          This is my cool sig.

Comment

- Equipment!!
            (costs may need tweaking)

Thieves:

Cloak of shadows.
            Thieves that wear this mantle appear as ghosts to whoever lays their eyes on them. It permanently reduces the visibility level of the user with 15%.

Padded shoes.
            Leather shoes with soft furs beneath the soles. It greatly dampens footstep sounds and falling noise. It permanently reduces walking and falling sounds of the person wearing it by 50%.

Locksmith.
            No lock poses a problem for a true locksmith. Locksmiths only need half the time opening a lock using lockpicks. If a locksmith buys no lockpicks, lockpickable objects will take twice as long to open than if he would have a set of lockpicks.

Bracelet of haste
            The person wearing this accesory is empowered with incredible speed. It raises the walk/run speed of the owner by 10%.
            Cost: 120 banked loot.

Guards:

Crossbow thimble
            Makes it easier for someone to pull back the string one the crossbow is fired, reducing the reload time. Reduces reload time for the crossbow by 25%.
            Cost: 160 banked loot

Wearing full plate can make someone all but impervious to melee and broadhead damage. However, it has no effect on being KO'd. It reduces any damage done by 50%. Excluding fall, drown and fire damage.
            The shield idea i like even though I will not be able to snipe as good but still it sounds like a great idea. The bracelet of haste im a little worried about. Thieves are already 10% faster than the guards. Thus they would be super fast i say make this idea for the guard team so they can have the right to be balcenced at a cost! I think this is a better idea for the guards as guards usally have expensive rings and other stuff that thieves try and steal anyway.
            The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

- When buying your equipment, the right half of the screen should display a page with information about the object your hover your mouse on. This would be great for new players, and I don't think it's hard to implement either.
              Definitely. I still don't know what half the iteams are for. :?

Comment

Like Shug, I like the initial suggestions, though I'm leery of the flashbomb timer. They can be tricky enough to use as they are. I'm not crazy about any of the other items/skills, as they upset what is already a delicate balance in the game. The incurred cost isn't really even an issue in some of them. And skills (such as "locksmith") I am dead set against.

Comment

The Cloak of Shadow seems a bit unoriginal and cheap...
                  I have an other suggestion : the phosphorescent cloak
                  This item would utterly inverse the effect of light on your visibility. Should you stand with this in the shadows , you would appear clearly to most guards with your aura shining in the dark. However , the cloak would grant you complete invisibility when standing next to a bright light source , and most guards wouldn't notice the faint fluorescent light the cloak emmits here. Carrying weapons and running would still make you more visible though.
                  Not sure about the price , this item might be pretty priceless so it's more likely to be map specific (this + catfalls = good luck guarding Aquatone)

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
                    The Cloak of Shadow seems a bit unoriginal and cheap...
                    I have an other suggestion : the phosphorescent cloak
                    This item would utterly inverse the effect of light on your visibility. Should you stand with this in the shadows , you would appear clearly to most guards with your aura shining in the dark. However , the cloak would grant you complete invisibility when standing next to a bright light source , and most guards wouldn't notice the faint fluorescent light the cloak emmits here. Carrying weapons and running would still make you more visible though.
                    Not sure about the price , this item might be pretty priceless so it's more likely to be map specific (this + catfalls = good luck guarding Aquatone)
                    That'd be way overpowered. Guards will have to fear light AND darkness that way, unbalancing the whole game.

Maybe a cloak that makes one completely invisible, but only when standing absolutely still? Even that would be overpowered... but a little more imaginable in the game.

Comment

All good ideas except the speed bracelet.
                      The only constant is change.
                      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Speed bracelet + cloack of invisibility + sword + 3 healing = PWN

Comment

Padded shoes.
                          That was one of my ideas a lo-o-o-ng time ago, in a forum far, far away ...
                          No Linux, No Choice.
                          Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Cloak of Shadows doesn't make the thief completely invisible, it just reduces their visibility with 15% wherever they go.

So if they stand in full light, visibility would be 85% instead of 100%.

I don't know what the visibility level is for swordthieves, but if it goes under 10% when he'd wear a cloak, the visibility for swords should be upped a bit. (any visibility level under 10% is allmost equal to invisible).
                            Sword = +20% visability
                            running while standing= +12% visability
                            walking while standing= +6% visability
                            Cloak of Shadows= -15% visability
                            crouching = -10% visability
                            I was wrong a running, standing swordthief would be visable, but a standing swordthief, or a crouching swordthief would both be invisable :swordthi:

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that thieves should have to make there own stealth and therefore an item like this would remove some of the 'skill' factor in the game.

The shield is a good idea though, makes to guard slower and grants extra protection against arrows and swords etc.
                            The shield should only be able to be used in conjunction with sword though, if used with crossbow or mace, the combination would be a little unfair.

I would like to see the equipment information menu put into the game though, its a champion idea!
                            .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

I'll make this quick.

- When buying your equipment, the right half of the screen should display a page with information about the object your hover your mouse on.
                              Yes.

- If a guard catches on fire, all his flares should ignite and drop to the ground.
                              No. If any, only a certain percentage should catch fire.

- A timer for flashbombs, so they bounce over the ground/walls when you miss them.
                              No.

Cloak of shadows.
                              No.

Padded shoes.
                              No.

Locksmith.
                              No. This ain't no RPG.

Bracelet of haste
                              No, too RPG.

Crossbow thimble
                              No, still not an RPG. A bow upgrade might work.

Thief.

Armlet of obedience
                              No RPG.
                              ]V[]V[

Comment

Working...
                              X