• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechina map idea

Ok, this time a map idea:

Name: Mechina Research Laboratory

Thief Objectives: Disable Mechina Power Stations

Guard Objectives: Stop the thieves

Map Gimmick: There are only a few guards, locked away in a control station. They must guard the level by possessing the machines. When each of the power stations are destroyed, all the machines attached to that power station become inoperative.

Pros: Well it's interesting, and because few guard are needed lots of players can become thieves.

Cons: Its not really Thieves vs. Guards, is it. Probably need more machine models.

Ideas? Comments?
    Immortius' Forge

Sounds neato.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Maby it's in a boat, and they steal stuff. But before they can escape they need to distroy the engines, else they will be squashed. So, they shoot the machine with an water arrow, or 2 normal arrows. It is then distroyed and they need to do that with every machine. There are 4 machines in total. Every machine takes 45 seconds to repair with the repair tool. So if guards can fix them again.
      That means that ( 4x45 = 3 minutes ) thieves have 3 minutes time to escape else they need to break those machines again.

I like the idea
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Well actually its more like 45 seconds of time to escape, if there are four guards each with a repair tool, assuming all four engines are needed online.

How about a bank robbery, where there are four lock mechanisms in different locations in the map. If any two are disabled at a given time then the safe opens. I suppose the difficulty would be preventing the safe itself from becoming a bottleneck.
        Immortius' Forge

Comment

This is kinda similar.
          ]V[]V[

Comment

Yeah, thats pretty much what I mean.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
              Well actually its more like 45 seconds of time to escape, if there are four guards each with a repair tool, assuming all four engines are needed online.

How about a bank robbery, where there are four lock mechanisms in different locations in the map. If any two are disabled at a given time then the safe opens. I suppose the difficulty would be preventing the safe itself from becoming a bottleneck.
              Another good idea. But if you were to do that, you'd have to allow it to be broken by a few blackjack swings too, in case the thief ran out of arrows.
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Hey, I would be in favour of an emergency deactivation switch behind a locked panel for thieves of a more subtle nature. In fact, if the panels can be relocked by the thieves then the guards couldn't repair them, which would give the thieves two choices of tactics:

* Smash the locks with blackjack, arrow and sword to disable them and hope the guards don't have time to repair them

* Spend extra time hunting down the keys before permanently securing the locks.
                Immortius' Forge

Comment

As CD said,

sounds neato
                  Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

Working...
                  X