Smashing stuff and blowing things up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smashing stuff and blowing things up.

I would say i'm one of the more violent players in TUT. I like to guard and smash things. I like to thief and smash things, namely skulls.

So, here are some dangerous, yet possibly thiefish ideas.

Remote Charge: Not entirely sure about this one. A charge that you place, and detonate by way of some remote control that stays in your inventory. Same damage as mine. For both Guards and thieves. Will blow doors open.

Smashin' doors: This is from Thief games. I used to love smashing a door open with my blackjack and sword. Can't we see that in TUT? Its not real sneaky, but think of this...

*dream waves fade in*

Flynn: OMG, Sir! We're the last two guards in the whole place!
    Turnbull: What?! My god, they've DMed it! Quick, me must lock outselves in this room with the objective.
    Flynn: OK, we're locked in. We should be safe here.
    Turnbull: Good, we'll wait here til help arrives...hey, whats that sound?

*clang* *clang*

Flynn: They're coming for us!
    Turnbull: don't worry, we're safe here!

*clang* *smash*

AAAAIIIIIEEEEEE

*dream waves fade out*

Man, wouldn't that be COOL!
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
      Smashin' doors: This is from Thief games. I used to love smashing a door open with my blackjack and sword. Can't we see that in TUT?
      Yes. If most mappers hadn't been so ignorant of the DoorStrength property, we would have had it already. As it is now, the only door that has this prop AFAIK is the one by the thief spawn in bourgeois.
      ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
        Smashin' doors: This is from Thief games. I used to love smashing a door open with my blackjack and sword. Can't we see that in TUT?
        Yes. If most mappers hadn't been so ignorant of the DoorStrength property, we would have had it already. As it is now, the only door that has this prop AFAIK is the one by the thief spawn in bourgeois.
        hehe... and I thought you wouldn't take your supply chest back...
        There are many breakable doors in Thievery , but I think some need charged mace hits (damage threshold property) or many , many sword hits to be opened (door strength isn't easy to scale reasonably and realistically)
        Breakout and Grange both have breakable doors (supply room and back door I think)

Not sure about this , is it possible to lock a smashed door ? would look pretty odd...

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
          Ah, thanks. Didn't know about that.
          Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

There is one door in Aquatone that can be broken as well - the door inbetween the library and the study.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

Need some indication that the door is on the verge of breaking or make it so the door recovers health in time. Smashing big holes in it would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X