Suggestion for the rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for the rats

Take out the guard/thief steppin on rat thing, i know you can always go free cam or follow but guards like to abuse it and it distracts them from the game giving the thievs an advantage. Also it would be cool for bird/bat for free cam mode.

The fact is that rats do have physics. There used to be exploits where rats moved crates or even the supply chest... rats can be incredibly annoying. Oh , and "distracting" the guards isn't bad per se , in fact , campers love it when rats visit the objective room. Come on... it's not like guards use firebolts to bust rats. They are a minor distraction , if there are many rats then it means the thieves have relatively low odds of success anyway don't you think ?

Comment

The only way the rats give thieves an advantage is if the guards LET them. No one is compelling a guard player to pay attention to a rat, except that player.

Comment

You seriously haven't played the early thievery. Rats couldn't get killed. They just gave away players positions by letting guards follow them.
        Yeah you can say "then don't follow the rat" but it will be like laying a hamburger on the ground and tell to a starved dog not to eat it. They will do it no matter what.
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Rat-stepping also (supposedly) increases a player's points, so it's actually dentrimental to the player to take it out.

And the following thing happens anyway, even if you're just an innocent rat.
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
            Rat-stepping also (supposedly) increases a player's points, so it's actually dentrimental to the player to take it out.
            No, it isn't detrimental, you're using the word wrong. It's beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
              Oh , and "distracting" the guards isn't bad per se , in fact , campers love it when rats visit the objective room.
              Thats right! I always have some cheese handy for any rat that cares to visit :grin:
              I agree with LR, if a guard is un-disciplined enough to leave his post to mindlessly squash a rat then that's his decision and a poor one at that! Its not like many people use the rat to spectate anyway, most would prefer the follow-cam right?

Originally posted by FlamingHorseman
              Also it would be cool for bird/bat for free cam mode.
              Yeah I would like to see that too.
              .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Originally posted by TafferBoy
                But freecam can just hang in the air without moving. How about "hummingbirdcam"?

Comment

All I want is to be able to clip through walls with freecam.

Comment

I think there's a great potential for spectators in the form of bats/birds to be distracting to guards... imagine a swarm of free cam bats flying into a guarding team as a thief goes for the main objective.
                    Nightmaster,
                    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      Originally posted by TafferBoy
                      But freecam can just hang in the air without moving. How about "hummingbirdcam"?
                      Then how would you explain hummingbirds or bats on a map like Folly or Aquatone? Besides, birds don't fly at night so how would you explain that for most of the other maps?

Rats rule!
                      No Linux, No Choice.
                      Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Maybe glowing flying bugs? Or fairie things (no LR, not faeries )?

Comment

Originally posted by LeatherMan
                          Then how would you explain hummingbirds or bats on a map like Folly or Aquatone?
                          Maybe the guards in Aquatone keep hummingbirds to detect gas leaks and some escaped? Or there's a cold climate species that lives in the mountains where Folly is?

Originally posted by LeatherMan
                          Besides, birds don't fly at night so how would you explain that for most of the other maps?
                          coughcoughowlscoughoilbirdfamilycoughcough

Comment

Or maybe guards are just really fond of hummingbirds in general (we might be on to something here...)

HLF

Comment

maybe rats could be able to push things with very low mass so that you might think its a thief but you might dismiss a noise (ie "it must have been rats")

Comment

Working...
                              X