Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disposable lockpicks

heres a suggestion: disposable lockpicks
    make em around 30 each but they only pick one door.
    any unused lockpicks will be dropped along with the potions when a thief dies.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

What happens if you stop picking a lock in the middle of the procedure?

Comment

they will only break when you finish picking a lock

Comment

Nice idea. That way a good thief could avoid the hell that usually accompanies Korman....
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
          Nice idea. That way a good thief could avoid the hell that usually accompanies Korman....

If your thinking of guards getting their hands on lockpicks...

You do realise there's quite a few locks to pick in that map, right? Wouldn't really help since you would need a lot of these lockpicks anyway to be sure to get the eye's...

Comment

Instead of guards using lockpicks to reveal locations that should remain unknown to them, certain locks just shouldn't be lockpickable by guards. Just display the "This lock is too hard to pick" for them... (thieves should still be able to lockpick them).

Comment

Another problem that occurs with this: What if you have both kinds in your inventory? When you frob something pickable and have picks, the picks come up automatically. If you have both, which comes up?

Comment

I think you should make them so if you don't need them anymore you can drop them and dispose of them.

Comment

nononono the guards shouldn't be able to buy/pickup the disposable picks.
                  also the regular picks should be available to buy if the thief wants them.
                  i just think this might be cool cuz a lot of people now are giving up lockpicks in their loadout so they can get crack arrows and such.
                  its sort of a pay-per-pick system. this way the thieves wont have to buy expensive picks if they only want to unlock one door.

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                    nononono the guards shouldn't be able to buy/pickup the disposable picks.
                    also the regular picks should be available to buy if the thief wants them.
                    i just think this might be cool cuz a lot of people now are giving up lockpicks in their loadout so they can get crack arrows and such.
                    its sort of a pay-per-pick system. this way the thieves wont have to buy expensive picks if they only want to unlock one door.
                    That still doesn't answer the problem of what happens if you have both kinds in your inventory and frob a locked, but pickable door/object. Which comes up? Or would you have to manually select picks all the time now?

Comment

i'd say the regular ones would come up cuz they are better to use as they wont break. but i'm not sure why u would have both kinds.

Comment

i'd say the regular ones would come up cuz they are better to use as they wont break. but i'm not sure why u would have both kinds.
                        There wouldn't be much point in buying both kinds, but it's entirely possible someone who had one kind might pick up the other from a player who was killed or KO'd. So you have to think about these things.

Probably having regular ones come up as the default would be the better idea, though.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          There wouldn't be much point in buying both kinds, but it's entirely possible someone who had one kind might pick up the other from a player who was killed or KO'd. So you have to think about these things.

Probably having regular ones come up as the default would be the better idea, though.
                          Yes, well now thats resolved, tell me what you think about the idea in general.

Comment

Yes, well now thats resolved, tell me what you think about the idea in general.
                            It's interesting. I can see it being of some use on maps where you know you're only going to have to unlock on, maybe two things, or a map like Flats, where there's nothing to unlock, but to carry as a precaution against mines. In those cases, they'd be nice, to save some money for other equipment. Other than that, though, I'm not sure about the rational for them. Why would lockpicks only be able to pick one door, then no more?

As far as game complexity and new player learning curve, they don't increase it much, but the do require a player to know which kind is likely to be more beneficial on which maps.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              As far as game complexity and new player learning curve, they don't increase it much, but the do require a player to know which kind is likely to be more beneficial on which maps.
                              That's why they'd be good for advanced players.

Comment

Working...
                              X