UT 451 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT 451 patch

Some people seem to be having a problem with getting on servers of late. For those servers using the UT451 patch, found this on the www.utpg.org site:

From UnrealAdmin.org, here is a fix for the player login crash bug. This will be incorporated into the next patch as well: All admins are advised to open their Core.int files and modify the following entry: LoadClassMismatch=%s is not a child class of %s.%s Change it to read: LoadClassMismatch=%s is not a child class of %s. This will prevent malicious clients from crashing your server by specifying an invalid player class when logging in. This fix should only be applied to Unreal Tournament servers, and you should restart your server after modifying the Core.int file in order to apply the changes.
    Do not know enough about this to know if it is relevant, but figure it might be useful.
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Interesting. I'll have to look into that but maybe Dalai could shed some light on whether this would affect TUT servers.

Comment

The server admins have been told about this and are fixing it.

Thanks Thebos.
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I'm gonna re-mention this, incase anyone forgot:

Upon installing 451, you won't be able to run TUT-ED!

(Or at least, that was what I found)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
          Upon installing 451, you won't be able to run TUT-ED!
          Confirmed.

Comment

Working...
          X