Improve the sound effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve the sound effects

Currently I think the sound effects in Thievery should be improved. I have a Soundblaster Live! soundcard and some Sennheiser HD-202 headphones. If I play on let's say Darkened Enlightenment and get on the roofs you hear very hard electronic sounds. It's very annoying and makes it very hard to hear the opponents walking.
    If you don't know what I mean, here's an example,
    Load up Bourgeois classic. Then go to the piano room. It's in the tavern near the exit. Walk around a little and notice how you can only hear the generator sound when you are in a particular spot in that room. This is fixed in the latest version but I think Darkened Enlightenment is full of these things. And it's not only that map. Some of the other maps also have these problems.

I also think the other sound effects should be improved. For example, if you climb up a rope/vine arrow it sounds as if you are climbing a rubber band. I know making better quality sound effects is hard but let's just try.

I think the sounds are pretty good, as for sounds that drown out other noises, they add more to the tactical parts of each map, especially for guards.
    How TuF are you?
    League of Legends
    Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Yes, but that wasn't what I meant, what I meant was that they weren't implemented in a map correctly. Of course generator sounds should drown out other sounds but not in 1 smal particulair spot on a map only.

Comment

Isn't that a comaplint to the mappers, or are the sounds messed up codes-wise.
        I was under the impression mappers got to arrange how sounds travelled throughout their maps, by way of walls, and path nodes.

It has already been discussed though that some problems occure with multiple floors, I'm still pretty sure thats still a map problem though
        How TuF are you?
        League of Legends
        Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

I have no idea how to set up sounds in a map, but one thing is for sure, the ones set up in DE are annoying.

I'd still like some new sounds though.

Comment

Well, there is one problem with the sound propagation, some which sound completely illogical. For example, it's impossible to lockpick the chests in grange without having the guards hear you down in the kitchen.
            JM

Comment

Ambient sounds (such as the generator noise) will travel in all directions from the epicentre and are constrained only by their defined range. They will travel equally through air and solidity, so you do tend to hear them in inappropriate places but this is a flaw in the UT engine, and so can't be avoided.

Comment

Working...
              X