Capture the Loot bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capture the Loot bag

I have a great idea for making a game in thievery.
    Capture the Lootbag!
    It's like capture the flag, but now is the flag a lootbag.
    It has the same rules like ctf, and has two teams (thiefs and the guards).

Is it A great idea or not ??
    Working on TH-Haven, the first singleplayer (and coِp) missionpack for thievery.
    Get more info about it on http://freyk0.tripod.com

Originally posted by freyk
    I have a great idea for making a game in thievery.
    Capture the Lootbag!
    It's like capture the flag, but now is the flag a lootbag.
    It has the same rules like ctf, and has two teams (thiefs and the guards).

Is it A great idea or not ??
    That sounds sorta like Team Thiefmatch.

Comment

Well, it could be kind of fun though. . . :wink:

Comment

How about:

-Two seperate teams, each with corresponding base

-Players can pick a team & choose whether to guard or thieve

-Each team has to defend its own base & retrieve loot from the other base

-When the total amount of loot in a teams base exceeds X loot, that team wins

It'd be like two seperate games going on simultaneously, with players acting against each other. It'd prolly be pretty lag-heavy online, but could be compensated for by changing players from guards-to-thieves (& vice versa) whenever they pass from one base to another (& so less players required to fill all the roles).

Comment

This is another nice variation of the CTF theme, which might fit TUT better than normal CTF. Used a lot as well. Back on TTLG, I posted about "Catch the Chicken" for the Quake series in some thread with 1.3 Thiefmatch suggestions. Same thing.
          The TUT concept might be: Two thief teams, one item. Each Thief team has a "base" as well. The item is somewhere on the map (maybe guarded by AI, to make it more interesting?) in the beginning.
          If a thief carries the item, his team's score rises every couple of seconds - but as a drawback, he can't use any weapons or items and is easy to see, of course... eg. like the thief that carries the book on Th-DarkenedEnlightenment, only minus the weapons and items. This would enable the other team to hunt him down to get the item and require his own team to protect him from the Bad Guys.
          To add some more spice, make thieves unkillable by thief weapons, so the other team would have to lure guards to the item carrier to "set it free". I see a bit of a problem there, of course, as the Guards would prolly be KOed pretty fast by the Item Carrier's team. To prevent that, something like in Catch the Chicken could be done - replace all weapons the Item Carrier's team has with something that does hardly any damage, but shoves people that are hit around.
          Outie

Comment

Hmm , my answer can still be tweaked ... but i think ...

NO
            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
              Hmm , my answer can still be tweaked ... but i think ...

NO
              Why?

Little known fact: Thief II was planned to have multiplayer, and this mode was at the top of the list. Of course, it was never implemented.

So you just turned your nose up at the most wanted mode in Thief multiplayer. Congratulations!
              TCO – Retired
              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Yes, I'd love to see the 2-base, each base with thieves and guards style of game.

Comment

well, i simply don't like it. What can i say anything else about it?

It doesn't matter for me that Thief 2 tried to make this. In the world alot of people make things. Do you expect me to like it all? Don't think so

So, that's why my no was planted in my reply
                  On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I don't like the idea either.

The only foreseeable version of Capture the Loot Bag I can envision that would be decent, is a thief with all the money. Guards chase down thief, kill him, returned loot does not return to level, but stays on guards' person. Thieves must hunt down guards to get loot back before guards stop at a certain point where loot is unloaded off their person.

But that won't work because thieves-to-guards head-to-head, guards will win, and there wouldn't be much incentive for guards to return the loot.

Capture the Loot Bag destroys the Thief universe because your idea of it turns the "real," gritty world of life, death, and looting into a kid's game. (Yeah, yeah, the whole thing is a game. But it doesn't look like a game from the inside.)
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

*bangs head against wall*

Let me clarify this to you... and I'll even use COLOR.

Look... the way it works is we have two teams: Black and Blue let's call them.

Each team has 2 sub-teams: Guards and Thieves

Black Guards guard Black Base. Black Thieves thief around in Blue Base.
                      Blue Guards guard Blue Base. Blue Thieves thief around in Black Base.

Black Guards kill Blue Thieves that wander around in their base.
                      Blue Guards kill Black Thieves that wander around in their base.

Black Thieves steal the Blue Loot.
                      Blue Thieves steal the Black Loot.

Black Guards make Blue Thieves look Black and Blue.
                      Blue Guards make Black Thieves look Blue and Black.

Do we fully understand the concept now?
                      TCO – Retired
                      Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Nice idea, SNAFU. But, to be honest, I understood freyk's idea as "normal" CTF as well. Your idea reminds me a bit of Team Fortress, to be honest.
                        Nevertheless, I think that "normal" CTF (Guards vs Thieves CTF) would not really be possible; the TF-styled "two-flag" or the CTC-type "one-flag" modes would be more playable, but probably still need a lot of testing and tweaking. Let's get Thiefmatch done first, eh? =)
                        Outie

Comment

Rather Team Thiefmatch I'd say.

Like normal, only that you complete the objectives as a team before the enemy does. Might have been suggested before...

Comment

Originally posted by LegalAssassin
                            Rather Team Thiefmatch I'd say.

Like normal, only that you complete the objectives as a team before the enemy does. Might have been suggested before...
                            Yep. Several times.

Comment

i thought about something like this, except it would not be a loot bag but a treasure chest...kinda slow down the runners...guards would need less armor as to run. but not as fast as the thieves. maybe some new melee weps? like charging with an axe for speed and its the "between" from mace and sword.
                              Creator of Thief Gir.
                              [E.D.G.] "Eaves Droppers Guild - We're on the EDGE"
                              --==[The shadow's call is hard to ignore]==--

Comment

Working...
                              X