X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI skill-level problem ?!?

This Thread is a continuation of a discussion at the end of this thread
    http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtop...=1861&start=50

The problem is that in the current version of thievery it appears that the skill levels (genius/clever/stupid/benny) are near identical as well as not being like they used to be.

A while back I decided to test the lower AI-skill levels for a bit of fun, The benny guards ran around really slowly, armed with swords, firing bolts with the accuracy and reactions of a drunk Camel...

However after listening to Mace-Pulp's compliant that the Benny and Stupid AI's all carried Maces and fired with near perfect accuracy as well as with speedy reflexes, I decided that something was wrong.
    So to find out If what he said was true, I tested the other levels of AI in solo games and I found that MacePulp was correct.
    There no longer seemed to be the drastic difference in guard ability, equipment and intelligence that there was last time I tested this.

When I first tried out the benny AI's I think I was running version 1.3 and of course I now run version 1.4. Is it possible that somehow the skill system got screwed up between versions?
    Could a couple of other players test this out for me and see If they experience the same problem as MacePulp and I. Thanks.
    .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

yep, same problem for me. kinda annoying when i just wanna mess around
    This is my cool sig.

Comment

I have noticed different behaviours at 3 of the different settings (nevered played against stupid).

If I focus on the mechanics of a particular tactic, I'll set it AI to Benny. When compared to Clever guards, they seem to be less easily alerted, take less time to drop to a lower an unalert status, smaller search pattern, less likely to hit me with an arrow, and a little slower on the mace hits (at least I do not die near instantaneously when cornered).

When working a tactic against guards, I'll use the genius setting. When compared to clever guards, my deaths are quicker and the likelihood of being seen/found is greater.
      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

For some reason Genius guards have less actual accuracy than the benny.

go figure.
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

In any case the Benny AI isn’t what he was in previous versions. The fact that the lower-level AI's aren't much stupider than genius may not be a problem for more experienced players, but its quite a big problems for new players, especially seeing thievery is a particularly hard game to learn to begin with.

And thanks for verifying the problem for me
          .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Working...
          X