RLF VS RLF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLF VS RLF

Or, to be more accurate, guards & thieves vs guards & thieves. Each 'team' has 1 or 2 thieves, several guards, and a small keep to defend. The point is to bring back as much gold to your 'keep' as possible, while defending your own keep. It would make for interesting gameplay, to say the least. Of course, the maps couldn't be any bigger than it is now, but, if its something the dev's could cook up I would like to see it.

Any thoughts?

Kiech

As an option only? That would be cool.
    0%
    No way! Guards shouldn't fight guards!
    0%
    Aaaarrgh!!! The programming nightmare! (dev's only)
    0%
    Kiech

haha call me crazy but I like this idea.

Comment

That idea owns, nice thinking.

Could have like a capture the flag style game, except you'd use a gem or something
      http://nuclear.atomicstorm.com

Comment

Pure genius, man. I hope the devs take a serious look at this one.
        BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Interesting idea.

Comment

Oh, I have a better idea: Why don't we have guards only, give them melee/ranged future weapons, put them all in an arena and see who survives or win by objectives (capture the flag) and turn thievery into unreal tournament? Oh, I've just had an even better one: Why don't we all uninstall the thievery mod and go play UT instead?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was attracted to TUT because I am a very big fan of the Thief series, not because I like Quake Arena etc. Turning ThieveryUT to SlaughteryUT just sucks BIG TIME.
            I Need Training!

Comment

It's only slaughtery UT if the guards leave their area's undefended. I am not suggesting that you can just pick to play a warrior and attack the other team. I am suggesting an option for those who want to attempt different styles of play, while staying true to the thief theme. The guards are there to guard, the thieves are there to steal. I just gave them home bases.

I can definatley see the situation you are thinking of though. All of the guards rush the other keep to eliminate the competition quickly...but the maps could be made, and strategy could dictate, that it would not be a feasable course of action.

Kiech
              Kiech

Comment

Heh, what can I say? Could be cool, could be stupid - I dunno. Nice idea, anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Judge
                  I don't know about the rest of you, but I was attracted to TUT because I am a very big fan of the Thief series
                  But... but... but...

But...

RLF?

Guard only guild?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    But... but... but...

But...

RLF?

Guard only guild?
                    LOL...just imagine, The Judge decides to start a coup against Mad Gerbil and take over the guild. The Judge and his lackeys sit in his small keep planning the fall of Mad Gerbil and his loyal rodent deciphles, but during a 'night job' Laughing Rat discovers these plans and sells them off to Mad Gerbil, who is infuriated by this news. :x

So the night that The Judge has sent out his assasins to kill him, Mad Gerbil has made a plan of his own, to send in a small force to humiliate and bankrupt The Judge for his treachery. Who will survive this insurrection? Will Mad Gerbil live through the night to continue fighting for rodent liberation?? Or will The Judge be eating gerbil for his dinner tonight??? You decide!

Kiech
                    Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                      LOL...just imagine, The Judge decides to start a coup against Mad Gerbil and take over the guild. The Judge and his lackeys sit in his small keep planning the fall of Mad Gerbil and his loyal rodent deciphles, but during a 'night job' Laughing Rat discovers these plans and sells them off to Mad Gerbil, who is infuriated by this news. :x
                      Nah. I'd let Gerb go down.

Comment

LMFAO!!!
                        Kiech

Comment

so basically thief style ctf....
                          http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                          -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                          -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                          -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Would be good... just mirror the Nostalgia level where the wall is (lose the street) and get two teams in (with both guards and taffers)

Just thought of an addition (why guards shouldnt attack) Guards could be made slower (say 10-20%) on enemy turf.
                            How TuF are you?
                            League of Legends
                            Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                              Originally posted by The_Judge
                              I don't know about the rest of you, but I was attracted to TUT because I am a very big fan of the Thief series
                              But... but... but...

But...

RLF?

Guard only guild?
                              lmao! The truth is I play as a guard only because my thief playstyle doesn't fit in thievery. :wink:
                              I Need Training!

Comment

Working...
                              X