Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• droppable loot / objective items

DISCLAIMER :

i looked through the 1 Millions Suggestion Post before writing this, and therefore im terribly sorry if this Idea was mentioned already

imagine this :

ure a Thief - u got a respectable amount of loot or a objective item.....but due to some nasty cirumstances ure pretty dead (1 or 2 hp left)and you and all the others dont have health-potions...now there are 2 possibilies :
    you are very careful and manage to get through the round - or a flea choughs in ur direction and you and your precious stuff are gone.

Id like to be able to drop my loot or objective Item so a teammate could pick it up in such a situation. To prevent possible exploitation (like Thieves making loot hideouts near an Exit, or some Bum dropping important items into some unreachable places) dropped stuff should respawn after some time...

no Idea how this can be implemented in the (loot-)Stats

but i think that would at least be an useful addition to Co-op
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

I had this idea, too.
    I would be a very useful thing......
    Vorbei die Zeit, da Müكiggang unser einzig Laster gewesen
    ¹·£egenذ-DOES NOT EXIST
    We are now Via-Nox.

Comment

The game is easy enough as it is.

Comment

Ever played Skeltston Head?

When you get the map, you CAN drop it. It's usualy a way to whore off some OP, or a safepoint. It does respawn after 'bout 30 mins too.

The loot idea: when i get loot, i usually die (no fun for me, as i almost alwauys have amain objective) Therefore, i support this idea.

Like droppping all your junk after dying, but wihtout the nasty guard +sword/bolt thingy.
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Hmm, perhaps a better approach would be that if you frob a fellow thief, a window open thats allows you to transfer loot and/or objectives to that player?

I mentioned a similar idea to Dalai about a fortnight ago, & now I've reflected on it, I can understand why he shot it down so quickly. Players shouldn't be concealing what objectives/loot they have; But transferring stuff between players is more than reasonable and encourages teamwork.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
            Hmm, perhaps a better approach would be that if you frob a fellow thief, a window open thats allows you to transfer loot and/or objectives to that player?
            I'm for it, but i hope the otehr player (the one bring frobbed) has a say in it or :
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

how about thieves just steal the objectives and loot from other unsuspecting thieves! After all, they are THIEVES! one man gets the map, the next guy steals it from him when he's not looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                I'm for it, but i hope the otehr player (the one bring frobbed) has a say in it or :
                How about:

-A player frobs a fellow thief to get his attention
                -The seond thief hears a sound clip "Pssst, over here..." and gets a visual warning
                -The second thief has to frob the original thief to open up a window for swapping items.
                -Either player can now choose to pass objectives, loot and/or health-potions/food

It's nothing too complicated, & its pretty hard to abuse (how can you abuse a system where you give stuff to your teammates?)

Comment

Originally posted by tundra
                  how about thieves just steal the objectives and loot from other unsuspecting thieves! After all, they are THIEVES! one man gets the map, the next guy steals it from him when he's not looking.
                  That would be a nice touch for thiefmatch, frob another thief to steal loot off him

To prevent players from excessively frobbing eachother, you have to be less than 10% visible to attempt it, & the other thief must be more visible than you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                    How about:

-A player frobs a fellow thief to get his attention
                    -The seond thief hears a sound clip "Pssst, over here..." and gets a visual warning
                    -The second thief has to frob the original thief to open up a window for swapping items.
                    -Either player can now choose to pass objectives, loot and/or health-potions/food

It's nothing too complicated, & its pretty hard to abuse (how can you abuse a system where you give stuff to your teammates?)
                    Maybe just make it so the second thief has to click yes or something.
                    The only constant is change.
                    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

It has to be like the transfer-system in "Dark Age of Camelot"...
                      So when you want to give something to another person, there appears a pop-up window with slots for the things on both sides. Player A's side and player B's side.
                      In the middle there is an accept-button.
                      Player A add the treasure map (for example) to his slots....
                      Then he must wait around 2 seconds before he can push the accept button. (<-- It prevents someone's getting something he doesn't want).
                      When both players have activated their accept button, the trade is finished and the items are transered.
                      Vorbei die Zeit, da Müكiggang unser einzig Laster gewesen
                      ¹·£egenذ-DOES NOT EXIST
                      We are now Via-Nox.

Comment

Tranfering loot and items between theives as mentioned above sounds like a good idea. Using the vote menu to respond sounds like the best way to go. This would create a link between the two thieves. Cycling through the inventory and deleting items result in item being transfered to the other thief. Only difference would be loot now appears. Might be nice if loot was transfered incrementally (100 per?).
                        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Working...
                        X