Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damage based on hit point? Circle strafe counter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage based on hit point? Circle strafe counter?

Im sure this has been mentioned before, and i know that one hit kills work from the back, but what about an arrow to the face on an alerted guard? Granted it may be too inflictive to the game to kill them instantly, but i think it should at least hurt them more. Same with shot to the leg should be less damage than a shot to the stomach, etc. Vital organs worth more pain, outer limbs worth less pain.

Or, I dont kno if its possible, but how about if the part of your body thats hit is momentarily gimped? Like say if you are bolted in the right arm exactly in a small spot, you can't swing your blackjack for like 2secs, and if you are bolted in the leg, you limp a little or slow down a little.

And also, to solve the problem of circle strafing. Just make is so when a thief is hit, his charged blackjack becomes uncharged. Think about it, if you are gonna whack someone and your arm is raised, then he whacks you with a sword, you are gonna keal over and drop your guard and weapon stance. This way you can whack away on a thief and as long as you hit him somewhat decently, he can never charge it up and circle strafe around you since he will have to keep recharging and never get a shot off. This way KO's will have to be non-chalant and sneakily maneuvered.

CS ideas been done, but I likey.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by tundra
      Just make is so when a thief is hit, his charged blackjack becomes uncharged.
      Great idea, but the helmets would have to be unbreakable.

THAT would solve circle-strafing.
      JM

Comment

Make the helmets 100 loot.

Then, I expect a lot of bitching about swordwhores, and invs ko whores.

Comment

Why would the helmet have to be unbreakable?

Comment

Because if it was still breakable, people would just smash it, and circle-strafe the guard once again.

Originally posted by Swiss Mercernary
            Make the helmets 100 loot.

Then, I expect a lot of bitching about swordwhores, and invs ko whores.
            The helmet already costs 60 loot and it's okay, in my opinion.
            JM

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
              Because if it was still breakable, people would just smash it, and circle-strafe the guard once again.
              So? They'd just circlestrafe and land a charged hit. That's what they usually do anyway.

Comment

If the guard can't hit the thief at least once while he's charging at him... well...
                JM

Comment

Working...
                X