No announcement yet.

Flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occams idea is the best so far... grank was overdoing it i think...
    With a price deduction and the amount you buy limiting max carry amount, i LIKE it i may actually buy more than 0 now.... hehe
    As it is i think its fair now, but occams idea improves it and adds more thought to it, and at 50 a flare no-one really seems to buy more at the start since after they use them they never get anything out of it.
    How TuF are you?
    League of Legends
    Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

I posted a detailed concept regarding flarebelts and quivers before the forum changed. It would pretty much solve this problem I think and got a fair bit of support IIRC. I'd appreciate it if someone else trawls through the posts from the past and copies it here, but I'm just too damn lazy to do it tonight myself
      {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
      Contact details updated
      I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

I remember you posting that idea ent, I give you full credit for it. Although I'm also to lazy to dig up the original...
        ~Occam

Comment

The problem with flares is their effectiveness varies considerably with each map.

So Granks idea wouldn't be bad on a map like Aquatone, but on a map like DE or Gerome it would be a killer. If a thief escapes to the roofs on DE there would be no chance to catch him with only 3 flares.

When a thief is found he has many ways to escape so I don't see a huge issue with this although the idea to re-equip with how many you buy is way cool =)
          "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Yes. I think the supply chest should give you as many flares as you initially bought. Kinda silly to buy two extra, use them within five minutes, and then never see them again. I bought them for capacity!
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

An idea that could prevent flare stockpiling-
              What if any dropped (not thrown) flares ignited after 5-10 seconds? The delay would still allow guards enough time to trade with thier buddies, but prevent the 50+ flare pile next to the rectory gem. If the capacity idea is used, this would give guards even more incentive to buy extras, and use what they have wisely.
              Watcha think?
              ~Occam

Comment

Originally posted by Occam
                An idea that could prevent flare stockpiling-
                What if any dropped (not thrown) flares ignited after 5-10 seconds? The delay would still allow guards enough time to trade with thier buddies, but prevent the 50+ flare pile next to the rectory gem. If the capacity idea is used, this would give guards even more incentive to buy extras, and use what they have wisely.
                Watcha think?
                ~Occam
                That could be really funny, but annoying for thieves. I'm envisioning a thief spending some time actually sneaking into an area near the supply chest, only to have a guard run up to restock, drop all his flares, and end up leaving a few there. Poor thief realizes they're gonna go off any second now, and he has no fast way out....

Might be better if they just disappeared after 10-15 seconds.

Comment

Both ways work, but I like the humorous possibilities of the delayed ignition.
                  =)
                  ~

Comment

Both ways work, but I like the humorous possibilities of the delayed ignition.
                    =)
                    ~
                    I'll grant you I don't work with them much, but I don't see flares as terribly helpful most of the time. Most of that is because you have to drop it before you can draw a weapon which means the thief finds new shadows while the flare lays there.

Pulling out a flare is sorta a precursor to a BJ in my book.
                    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                      *wishes he got a BJ every time he lit a flare....*

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        *wishes he got a BJ every time he lit a flare....*
                        It's not as fun as you might think.

Comment

It's not as fun as you might think.
                          It would be if we were talking about the same thing....

Comment

Ew.

Comment

Ew.
                              Vegetarian AND celibate? What are you, Occam, a monk?

Comment

LOL at Occam the sober, veggie monkthief
                                How TuF are you?
                                League of Legends
                                Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Working...
                                X