Crack arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack arrows

Well, since everyone thinks of ways of nerfing the guards, i thought of thief. I mean a thief used a crack arrow and the cloud just sits there for what a good 2 minutes? If used In a place where the arrow stick in, lets say the grass, you take away the arrow and the crack cloud is still there, if you did that with a tag bolt, the light dies.

I agree with that. Taking the arrow out of the ground should make the cloud dissapear.
    JM

Comment

I've always wished that crack was explosive when exposed to flame. That way guards could eliminate crack-clouds by burning them away with flares (hopefully thrown from a distance). They could clear crack out with firebolts as well. Then again, thieves could fire crack arrows at burning guards and blow them up.

But perhaps I've played too much Thief Gold.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
        Then again, thieves could fire crack arrows at burning guards and blow them up.
        And what's wrong with that? There's a 20% chance that thieves run into their own crack clouds anyway.
        ]V[]V[

Comment

This idea (crack disappearing) seems nice. And that with disposing the crack effect with firebolts (flares are cheaper and replenishable, crack arrows aren't) is also good.
          GerbilSong gave Jimmy some unnecessary ventilation.

Comment

Maybe just if the crack arrow doesn't stick into something, or gets taken out, it only lasts for 10 seconds more.
            The only constant is change.
            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I also agree: crack clouds should be explosive

And that they shouldn't last as long if they'e pulled out.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Honestly, why should the gas cloud disappear when you pick up the arrow? Much like water arrows, the gas is contained in a *crystal* and that crystal shatters on impact, releasing its contents. This is why, when you pick the arrow back up, it is a standard arrow with no crystal (but strangely has a nice new metal tip). If the gas went back inside, do we need to insert a huge sucking sound as the Hoover VacuumArrow(tm) mechanism activates?

Comment

Originally posted by Oie
                  Much like water arrows, the gas is contained in a *crystal* and that crystal shatters on impact, releasing its contents.
                  But wouldn't the cloud dissapate? I mrean, it's obviously lighter-than-air, and apparently not that dense (it's not opaque, and it moves upward) so wouldn't it not last as long as it does anyway?
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                    I also agree: crack clouds should be explosive
                    This can be arranged.

Comment

Ok, here's an admittedly disgusting analogy:

If I farted in a glass jar, sealed it up, and threw it at a concrete floor, would picking up the broken pieces of the jar really make the flatulence dissipate any faster?

Comment

Originally posted by Oie
                        Honestly, why should the gas cloud disappear when you pick up the arrow? Much like water arrows, the gas is contained in a *crystal* and that crystal shatters on impact, releasing its contents. This is why, when you pick the arrow back up, it is a standard arrow with no crystal (but strangely has a nice new metal tip). If the gas went back inside, do we need to insert a huge sucking sound as the Hoover VacuumArrow(tm) mechanism activates?
                        That's why I gave my idea. Well, and for fairness too.

If you want to get technical, the crack arrow seems to DISPERSE crack slowly. Otherwise, the cloud would grow. Picking up the arrow would stop this, after the last bit of crack there went away.

Which gives me another nice idea. How about the guard can pick up the crack arrow, but it cracks him by doing so. This way the guard could sacrifice his stability for a bit while a teammate can chase a thief soon after (after at least 10 seconds of wait for the cloud of crack to blow away).
                        The only constant is change.
                        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                        X