umm k wtf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• umm k wtf...

*first a warning: I don't know if this has been posted before, but my modem is too slow for me to check the forums. At least, too slow to see the threads in a day or less.

In Skeltstonhead, I just stopped moving for no reason... as if the keyboard and mouse were unplugged.. and they weren't. I could see everythin going on but couldn't do anything. Then I got blackjacked, the game ended shortly after, and TUT crashed with this message....

General Protection Fault!

History: MakeNew <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetTexture <- UD3DRenderDevice:rawGouraudPolygon <- Render Subsurface <- URender:rawLodMesh <- (LodMesh ThieveryObjects.ThTallMetalTorch) <- DrawMesh <- URender:rawActorSprite <- URender:rawFrame <- UObject::StaticFindObject <- UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (SavedMove SavedMove16706) <- UObject::StaticConstructObject <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (SavedMove) <- UObject:rocessEvent <- (ThieveryPPawn TH-SkeltstonHead.ThieveryPPawn402, Function Engine.PlayerPawn.GameEndedPlayerTick) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Somethin like this also happened to me on Aquatone as a taffer.. but the game didn't end soon after.

I blame it on my 56k modem, but thats what I blame most problems on :lol:
    (Anyone know where to get a good connection cheap :grin: :wink: ... nm ...j/k I think)

Something similar hapened to me: any bot or player on my screen at the time disappeared, i had no inventory and couldn't move, but i could still see other s talk, even though i couldn't talk myself.

My TUT didn't crash tho., so it's not the same problem. ANyways, if it has an error message, it has nothing ot do with your modem.
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

yea, well i can still blame it on my modem... doesn't mean the problem is its fault.... :lol:

Comment

Whoa, that's one weird error message right there.
        ]V[]V[

Comment

you noticed? maybe one of the devs will be able to 'translate' it

Comment

You'ld probably be lucky if the UT devs could translate it.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

Well, it could probably translate to something like this:
              "General protection fault encountered while trying to render your playerpawn's view at savedmove number 16706 due to an invalid texture on a polygon on the sprite that has the ThTallMetalTorch LOD mesh."

Now why the heck would a sprite have a LOD mesh? Or even a polygon?
              ]V[]V[

Comment

I don't the answer to that. Maybe some other people will though

Comment

Umm.. noob mapper?

*shortly afterward, the mapper beats Radamanthus to death with a very dull stick*

WEll, if you look in the properties of your generic actor, it uaulaly has a preset LOd mesh. Of course the scripting states that there is never any connection to the actor and it's LOD mesh, unless it's an item under the pawn or iventory subcategories of ACTOR.

Of course the only explanation that i can think of is thtat the actor actually SI making such a connection, but then again i can't think to well because i was jsut beaten by the mapper of Skeltstonhead wiht a very dull stick.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I get that too, Zidane. Not sure if it's TUT or UT. Extremely aggrivating, since everything is working fine except inputs. You can't say anything, look at anything, or do anything until the game decides you've had enough and crashes. For me, it's rarely enough (once every 10-20 hours of gameplay or so) that I can ignore it. (No, that's not all in one session; it's cumulative over days. )
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Working...
                    X