Thieverymod.ini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieverymod.ini

As most of you have noticed, I run 3 thievery servers simultaneously: Normal, Coop, and Thiefmatch. This was easily configured by slightly copying and renaming the thaux.ini, ucc.exe, and thieveryserver.bat, to a variance of a coop-ucc.exe and a coop-thaux.ini, etc.

This allows me to run all three servers and configure them on different ports 7777, 6666, & 5555. I can change servernames for each, ipdrv data for each, but I can't change game settings for each.

Based on some feedback from players, I would like to have higher starting loot in the Thiefmatch server, and a higher AI skill in Coop Server, but i dont want either of these settings to affect Normal games. Is there anyway to point each server to a variation of Thieverymod.ini so that i can have different settings?

No wonder i get lag on the server... :roll:

Comment

its usually not bad unless there are a lot of people on more than one server. sometimes there are a few coopers while the normal server gets busy. But overall i think the PC holds it up pretty good.

Comment

Go the hell away LameAzMe.
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

STFU CD.
          ]V[]V[

Comment

Your arguing is so ldhat:

Comment

but cheaters must perish

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
                STFU CD.
                Weee. You like cheaters?

Comment

No, but I like threads that you don't fill with shit.
                  End of discussion.
                  ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
                    No, but I like threads that you don't fill with shit.
                    End of discussion.
                    I don't get it.

Well, I guess Tundra may not be Kewlazme anyways, so I'll stop for now. But if he is....

Comment

and if he is?

he's providing not one but three servers for us. the least you could do is have a little respect until it is proven if or if he isn't kewl.
                      This is my cool sig.

Comment

Notice how I didn't say "STFU Tundra".

Comment

Daniel: There's enough evidence that the major server admins agreed, unanimously, to an across-the-board ban. The fact that he's running three servers is frankly irrelevant. KAM ran servers under his other name too. It didn't make him any less a cheater and overall detriment to the community.

Dork: Chill. There's no need for you to chime in on this at all, and even if there were, there'd be no need to be insulting about it. The situation has been handled by the admins, and Tundra's appeal at Crackaz is being considered by Entropy and myself.

"Tundra": There is a solution to the problem you posed in your initial post. Given how quickly you caught on to how to run multiple servers on a single machine, from only the barest hints how, I'm surprised you haven't come to the solution to this problem as well. I'll be interested in seeing if you do solve it.

Comment

laughingrat,

Well the 3 servers thing was no big deal. I mean the ThieveryServer.bat file called for a ThAux.ini and a ThieveryUser.ini and a copy of UCC.exe.
                            So I could clone those all day, thats childs play.

But ThieveryMod.ini is called by the game from what I can tell, and I only see one possible solution to part of the problem using the loadout W.O.R.M. that was created. I could decrease the price of the weapons on Thiefmatch to give a higher quantity. That's more of a circumvention than a solution and I still want to change the AI skills.

As far as my inconclusive banning, do i need to post an appeal to all server admins? If so could I have their email's or websites? I knwo only of Entropy on crackaz, and I guess laughingrat is too now. and I've emailed the admin on Brody's Challenge. But what about the rest? I've been extremely patient, what else do I need to help you guys with to clear this up adn get back to playing again?

Comment

-begin rant-

I can't believe it. Bans need to be long to have any affect - sure in the end it's up to the leniency of the admins, but bear in mind the precedent you might set. I do believe people should be given a second chance, KAM included. I did not know it was his server i was playing on otherwise I wouln't have. At least not until his ban is lifted elsewhere.

Although KAM seems to display maturity and wisdom at times, his "please forgive me" is wearying. I for one am happy to see him back on the servers (not his own) once he has been properly punished. That is why I like TUT because unlike some MP games, many cheaters can be caught.

If they get away with it too easily it makes a farce of all we are trying to achieve, which is basically having NON_CHEATING fun!!!!!

I just wonder if KAM is already hacking UT2003 code to see what he can conjure up in Night-Blade...I hope not, but past actions speak louder than words...

(do a search for "Kewlazme's Appology")

He has had two warnings now

third strike and out??

cheers

mono

"Old but not forgotten"
                              Yenz: "It's only murder if they say stop"
                              Mono's wife: "What if they are mute?"
                              Yenz: "There are internationally recognized hand signals for 'stop killing me you bastard!'"

Comment

Working...
                              X