Frobbing and the inventory...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frobbing and the inventory...

Now, I don't know if this is currently being addressed in 1.3, but there is something I would like to see sometime in this mod:separate keys for frobbing world objects and using the inventory.

I can't recall the number of times I have gone and wasted a potion or flashbomb when trying to snag some loot on the run. The frob lightup on the world objects can be tricky to get just right sometimes (you have to look at just the right angle, etc.), and with lag sometimes, you think you've just frobbed loot or an object, but you go and use an inventory item instead.

While this may only be a problem for me, I'm wondering if others have this problem, and if the devs would be so kind as to consider making separate commands for inventory and frobbing.

I've counted them for myself, Microwave Oven. Sum up to 4723942794823942376.
    Anyways, soon enough someone will come and tell you to dind every inventory item to a different key and problem solved. Well, sort of.

Comment

A lot of ppl use the mousewheel and frob to use potions etc.... probably a tad too late to change its core... but maybe add a button that clears the inventory(i do this manually right now anyway) or allow the right mouse button to be changed to "Frob only" "use item only" or "Frob and items"
      How TuF are you?
      League of Legends
      Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.K.
        dind every inventory item to a different key and problem solved.

Comment

I have my loadouts specifically bought to allow me to clear it the way i want... and binds for catfall speed and flash, caltrops.
          Buying the items in a set order gives you control over the inventory anyway
          How TuF are you?
          League of Legends
          Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

If this is being implemented, please make sure that the player is able to choose wether they want to use the same key for for frobbing world objects and using the inventory, or not. Cause I like to have the same key for this.

Comment

I don't know how many times I quaffed my last invis potion on Flats just as I grabbed the last piece of loot I needed. Then I find 5 guards at the exit...
              TCO – Retired
              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU
                I don't know how many times I quaffed my last invis potion on Flats just as I grabbed the last piece of loot I needed. Then I find 5 guards at the exit...
                I understand the pain. :|
                JM

Comment

YES! good idea Microwave Oven!

Comment

HOT HOT TIP:

Remember to use the CLEAR-key, every time you have used something, or scrolled through your inventory. This would prevent you from using equitment when trying to grab an object.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                      HOT HOT TIP:

Remember to use the CLEAR-key, every time you have used something, or scrolled through your inventory. This would prevent you from using equipment when trying to grab an object.
                      Good tip. Default is Backspace.
                      No Linux, No Choice.
                      Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Thing is that many times i do just the opposite. I ready an item (or the lockpicks or a key or whatever) BEFORE picking up something just in case of guards merrily passing by and trying to rip my ribs out of my chest. Then i click on the loot/objective and for some reason the program doesn't record it in the reticle or maybe i'm a little bit too far and poof! 100 loot wasted.

Comment

Hotkeying instant need items = WIN!

Comment

I know, but i have a bad memory and fumbling fingers case. I personally find WAY easier to scroll for the right item that i know i'm going to need and then just press one single key. I am a good planner with not too good reflexes, that's all. Anyways, *IF* this can be done with ease by the builders you could always map inventory_use and world_frob to the same key so the functionality is almost unchanged. It's useless to have inv_up and inv_down keys if you are only meant to use the hotkeys for the items.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.K.
                              I know, but i have a bad memory case. Anyways, *IF* this can be done with ease by the builders you could always map inventory_use and world_frob to the same key so the functionality is almost unchanged. It's useless to have inv_up and inv_down keys if you are only meant to use the hotkeys for the items.
                              You can't map two separate commands to a single key. And I do use the inventory up/down keys, for items I don't need instant access to, typically traps, as a guard, and some of the special use arrows as a thief.

Comment

Working...
                              X