Thumper Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumper Arrows

I'd like to see a new Thief arrow called Thumper Arrow.

Basic idea: The Thumper should, if impact velocity is high enough, be able to open doors at long range. This is usefull as all you'd hear was the door opening, sfter a silent "THUMP". Better distraction than footstep arrows, that make a loud noise on impact but still the bow creak might give you away.

Also, on short range, if impact is hard and you hit a guard in the neck/back of his head, you'd have a, say 50/50 chance of a K/O. Then you'd give away your position, the guard come after you and maybe his friends aswell

A Thumper should cost 50-100. A good replacement for the gas arrow, apart from the Crack!

Also, why is it called Vine Arrow, it's a Rope Arrow!

Even better, call it an Impact Arrow or something. If it hits a door, it opens it. If it hits a shatterable thing, it shatters it. If it hits a guard, it knocks the guard back. Perfect for situations where a guard is camping a door or something. Could also be used to knock guards off rooves, and would work very well as a distraction. *likes*
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Sounds good

But only have it knockout guards when you hit them in the head though, or else we'll only get thieves who do nothing but snipe... and when a guard is wearing a helm, a hit to the head will shatter it, but will not knock him out.

I also like the knockback idea. No more venthunting for guards (note that guard heads are easy to hit when they crouch in vents )

Comment

A silent 'thump' but it opens a door or shatters a helmet? This sounds like it would be a VERY LOUD arrow to me. What if the door is locked? Does this arrow still open the door?

Kiech
        Kiech

Comment

Shattering a helmet would sound as usual, but if you hit a guard in the head (from behind, preferably) or a door, just a "THUMP".

If the door is locked, I'd say you should make one hard hit count as one PickToughness (or what it's called). This would let the normal, "find a key, get in", work as usual.

Also, I propose being able to throw rocks instead of Footstep Arrows. Rock would be bought for 30/piece, as these are special Footstep-Bouncing rocks, unless you'd find them on the ground every now and then.

Comment

Hmm... blackjack arrows

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
              Hmm... blackjack arrows
              Blackjacks don't open doors....

Comment

The K/O can be left out. Instead, let who's hit by it inherit the velocity.

(*Thinks of guards on the roof's in Flats )

Comment

Originally posted by LegalAssassin
                  The K/O can be left out. Instead, let who's hit by it inherit the velocity.

(*Thinks of guards on the roof's in Flats )
                  That's what I was suggesting -- arrows that can KO guards are not going to happen, nor should it. Simply arrows that knock back what they hit, read my original post.
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I think this is one of the better ideas I've seen. Yeah, the KO thing shouldn't be part of it. But everything else sounds great.
                    BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

An interesting idea, but logically and arrow wouldn't open a door. That is, unless your aim is good enough to make the arrow drop in such a way as to turn the door handle...

Comment

Originally posted by Occam
                        An interesting idea, but logically and arrow wouldn't open a door. That is, unless your aim is good enough to make the arrow drop in such a way as to turn the door handle...
                        We're talking about a game where people go invisible and pull flaming arrows out of their ass.
                        BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheDog
                          Originally posted by Occam
                          We're talking about a game where people go invisible and pull flaming arrows out of their ass.
                          Not to mention where apples are red!!

Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheDog

True. But the effects of potions and special bolts can be explained by magic. I like to think of realistic effects of everything in games (magic taken into account), and a benign arrow opening a door is something I can't get my head around. Then again, I have issues with mines caltrops and fire arrows as it is, so don't mind me.

Comment

I like the idea too, It would add another element to the game, a single thief could open one door to distract and exit/enter via another.... I like it.

What do you propose happens to the arrow once it's used? does it stick in the door availible for another use?
                              ~TuF~

Comment

Working...
                              X