Listen through walls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen through walls.

Put your ear up against a wall or the floor...hear that?

Yeah, I think this could be useful for both thieves and guards...
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Hear what?

You can hear sound through a phat wall/floor anyway...

Comment

You can?

Maybe I didn't know this due to the fact that my sound is usually off/very low/drowned out by other stuff.

OK then.
      Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Is this just another of your fancy features?

Comment

all i hear is my CPU Fan shoving around air on a 250 Decibel noise level
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

I'm sure many of you are aware that in the thief series, Garrett could lean against doors to hear, much clearer, what was on the other side.
            This could be useful for a thief trying to check for door camping guards and such. By unless guards emitted a soft rustle of chain mail or something, even when standing still, this wouldn't be particularly useful.
            However I like the idea, adds a little more nifty-ness into the game
            .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

I don't think tha's possible in UT, Tafferboy. Sound seems all fucked up, goes through walls and stuff. I don't think it's TUT's fault.

Comment

Yeah, sound propogation is about as good as its going to get here, man.

Is sound fixed in UT03? Will stone walls block sound completely in Nightblade? If so, will it be a feature to lean into doors to listen through them?
                "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                  Yeah, sound propogation is about as good as its going to get here, man.

Is sound fixed in UT03? Will stone walls block sound completely in Nightblade? If so, will it be a feature to lean into doors to listen through them?
                  Ut2003 has some pretty hefty bsp/static mesh sound occlusion. So a thick wall could block out sounds. It works be reducing the volume according to the thickness of the wall i believe.
                  Sound effects will however have to be set to this manually.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                    I don't think tha's possible in UT, Tafferboy. Sound seems all fucked up, goes through walls and stuff. I don't think it's TUT's fault.
                    I suspected as much, but it would be useless and rarely used even If it was the sort of thing that could be done in the UT engine.
                    .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Originally posted by mOdEtWo
                      I don't think tha's possible in UT, Tafferboy.
                      Oh, but I think it is possible. It would be quite a hax tho, clients would have to set each sound's volume and radius every tick, or something like that.
                      ]V[]V[

Comment

Working...
                      X