This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash, junk, and other noisy stuff.

I would like to see some items that make noise when walked over...NOT TO BUY. I'm talking for mappers to put on the streets and stuff, I.E. paper and rustles when walked over, cans that crinkle and bounce when ran over.

The effect would be much less when walking or crouching.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

And this adds what to the gameplay? Or do you just call it a fancy feature?

Comment

I call it "atmosphere." I think it would add something to a map like Beourgieous where you're in the inner city type area.

Know what i'm sayin?
      www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Yeah, a fancy feature.

Comment

No, atmosphere.

*Sings* "You say fancy feature, I saw atmosphere! yada yada.."
          www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I like this "fancy *atmosphere* feature"

Comment

It obviously wouldnt be just an atmosphere thing. If a guard heard, or even saw a bottle being kicked over he would investigate wouldnt he, with respect to the other sounds he could hear at the time. This is in No One Lives Forever 2 you should play it.
              It would be really good to have a can or something that if the player ran over it at full speed he would kick it so it would make loads of noise and might even end up rolling up to a guards feet.

Comment

I haven't played NOLF or another game with this in it, I just thought it would be a nice feature on some maps.
                www.usyetzer.com

Comment

I agree, at the moment we just have crates. If a thief bumps into a crate when guards are around, it makes a sound and alerts the guard to the thief's prescence. One of the good things about thievery is the object interactability why not build on that?
                  .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

As I recall, Devastation did this sort of thing. You could even pick up the odd bit of garbage and throw it to distract guards. Too bad stealth was worthless in the game.

The only problem with additional interactive objects is net bandwidth and processor cycles get completely chewed up by this kinda stuff.

Comment

I think it is currently available in the game. Guards already react to noise already. Items generate noise when bumped (I think you can adjust the radius). Different surfaces generate different noises (better to walk on carpet then stone for example). As I understand what the suggestion, it is more a mapping issue then anything.
                      Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                      Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Garlisk
                        I call it "atmosphere." I think it would add something to a map like Beourgieous where you're in the inner city type area.

Know what i'm sayin?
                        Can't anyone fucking type it right? It's not because it's in french that you should be allowed to rape the word. Come on, type it with me. BOURGEOIS. ARG.
                        JM

Comment

Originally posted by Lurox
                          Originally posted by Garlisk

Know what i'm sayin?
                          Can't anyone fucking type it right? It's not because it's in french that you should be allowed to rape the word. Come on, type it with me. BOURGEOIS. ARG.
                          B-O-U-R-geeawiois
                          B-O-R-U-goeaiergos

i think it needs another vowel or maybe a consonant.
                          In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

I can always manage to spell the first 5 letters... then I screw up.

'Bourgoies?'

Sorry for my lack of knowledge of french spelling

Comment

We need Radamanthus to help us out here.

I know how to spell it! I just don't know how to put it down in writing!
                              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X