Cracked AIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked AIs

Normally if you crack an AI he is the 10 seconds cracked. But if you now attack him or stand very near to him he can suddenly "concentrate". I wonder if it is a bug or intentional.
    Deftones

I always figured if you got within reach he'd smack you just like a human would.

But now that you mention it....AI's don't bounce around like humans do when cracked either. They just stand there.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Comment

It seems that the AI get the flashbomb effect when they're cracked. Also, it seems they can figure out where you are if you bump into them.
      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Get close enough to me when I'm cracked and I can still concentrate on your direction and distance and smack ya. Seems pretty smart coding to me on El Jolio's behalf.
        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

No Buho, they stand still and are completly "down" from the crack.
          Even if you can do it, you still have the crackarrow effects.
          Deftones

Comment

Watch them a bit after cracking one some time. They stand a few seconds, displaying the chatting animation, then they start running around like chickens with their head cut off, just like if they were flashed.

Comment

Yep...none of the wobble or bouncing around that humans get when cracked.
              Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                Watch them a bit after cracking one some time. They stand a few seconds, displaying the chatting animation, then they start running around like chickens with their head cut off, just like if they were flashed.
                Right. But not when you attack them with your sword. Nrfafggadsf.
                Deftones

Comment

A 'cracked' guard will move around randomly until the crack effect wears off or until he bumps into a thief. If he bumps into a thief he will have a few swings and maybe fire a bolt before returning to random movement. A flashed guard however will not attack if he collides with a thief. So when swording Ai's seEManN flashbombs are the go!

:swordthi: :swordthi: :swordthi:
                  .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

Right Tafferboy, thats my problem. When you buy a sword you dont have money for many flashbombs, but crackarrows 50% cheaper.
                    Deftones

Comment

Tafferboy, A FEW SWINGS?

When a human is cracked, even if he bumps into a thief, chances are, he will miss 50% of the time.

A few mace swings can kill, with the AI tendence to use charged hits.

One swings, at most. Uncharged.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                        Tafferboy, A FEW SWINGS?

When a human is cracked, even if he bumps into a thief, chances are, he will miss 50% of the time.

A few mace swings can kill, with the AI tendence to use charged hits.

One swings, at most. Uncharged.
                        Not quite sure what your talking about swiss, I was referring to AI's guards not humans for starters and I think you'll find that if a cracked AI bumps into you he will keep swinging until you move and often fire a bolt at you when you do. As far as I can see AI do charged swings about 90% of the time (hold a blocking sword up against one in god mode) and yes they use charged hits even if cracked.

Right Tafferboy, thats my problem. When you buy a sword you dont have money for many flashbombs, but crackarrows 50% cheaper.
                        You probably know more about sword thiefing than me, but cracking Ai's is fine as long at you are more careful when engaging them, charging the sword then engaging the AI, swinging a few times then retreating. By keeping your distance the Ai is less likely to 'bump' into you and start swinging.
                        + crack probably works better against human guards as well.
                        .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

AIs know where you are even, when they are cracked or flashed because of the bumper cyllinder. I always put charged sword hits to the back of the AI or the left or right side. That way they dont seem to react. When facing them front they just mace/sword you and propably bolt you when you move back.

translation:
                          to mace/sword someone - to hit some with mace/sword
                          to bolt someone - to shoot a bolt at you
                          In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

Working...
                          X