Lan help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lan help

i'm trying to host a lan with my friend, but when i hit start theivery quits on me, and dedicated ones seem like they're freezing when connect shows up, and then after a few min the dedicated ones end on their own. any help would be greatly appricated
    "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
    Miyamoto Musashi

Originally posted by zifnab
    i'm trying to host a lan with my friend, but when i hit start theivery quits on me, and dedicated ones seem like they're freezing when connect shows up, and then after a few min the dedicated ones end on their own. any help would be greatly appricated
    What firewall, if any, are you using?

What Windows OS?
    No Linux, No Choice.
    Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Omega predicts WindowsXP + ZoneAlarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ř·mega
        Omega predicts WindowsXP + ZoneAlarm.
        LeatherMan predicts WindowsXP + WindowsXP firewall.

Either way it is odd that the game quits. There may be some messed up settings in the ini files.
        No Linux, No Choice.
        Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Originally posted by LeatherMan
          LeatherMan predicts WindowsXP + WindowsXP firewall.
          Or that....

zifnab, you might want to try a re-installation of Thievery.

A small tutorial about how to install ThieveryUT.

Comment

one comp has XP home (the one hosting) the other has XP pro, the router and firewall are linux, the Lan is at a freind's so i'll have to get back to you guys on any help you can give me.
            "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
            Miyamoto Musashi

Comment

Working...
            X