New stuff/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stuff/ideas

Allright, I'm going to put some ideas here. They're not ment to be put into thievery, but I would rather like to know if it were able to put them in through the use of a mutator or something. I might want to use them in a map I plan making.

Thieves:

Weapon:
    Freezing arrow
    I figured the thieves needed a firebolt kinda weapon, but more usefull for thieves. I came up with the freeze arrow. An arrow that temporarely freezes all players in an area (same as firebolt splash area), but doesn't damage them.
    Frozen players (you can also freeze yourself! ) obviously cant move or attack anyone and look like blue statues. Players unfreeze after being frozen for 10 seconds, or they can thaw themselves by using a firebolt (instanly thawed) or a flare (4 seconds, like relighting a torch). Also, frozen players cannot be blackjacked or killed (that'd be WAY too easy). The freeze arrow could also be used to disable mechanic objects placed close together, or to douse torches with it's cold draft.
    Cost: 100 (expensive)

Inventory item
    Spy orb (?) remote
    Or however those spying balls are name.
    The spy orb remote will allow you to go back and view through your deployed spying orbs at any given moment, as opposed to only after you've thrown them. That way, you won't have to retrieve them again, but let them lie around so you can spy on the guards.
    Cost: 50 (cheap? max capacity = 1)

Guards

Weapon:
    Poison bolt
    The guards are a bit underpowered in the field of archery, so I was thinking about a bolt that could be used for damage, but could also be used in a more strategic manner. What I came up with is the poison bolt.
    When you fire the poison bolt at a thief, it deals the normal damage of a bolt (30), but after that it will keep damaging the thief for 10 more damage total (doing 1 hp damage every second, making the thief flash visible every second for ten seconds).
    That is not the only use for the bolt though. As soon as the bolts hits a target, it wil form puddles of poison (think moss) that damages any thief that treads on it for 10 hp damage (guards wear heavy greaves and don't fear poison). The poison lasts on the floor for 20 seconds, then it dissappears.
    Cost: 60 (semi expensive)

Inventory Item
    Sentry Whistler
    I allready proposed this weapon as a Nightblade weapon, but I guess it could also fit into thievery, if properly balanced.
    The sentry is basically a whistler that sits on a tripod and scans the surrounding area (120 degree arc in front of the sentry) for thieves. If it registers a thief (when it is over 20% visible), it will fire bolts at it until the thief goes below 20% visibility, until the thief is dead or until the thief comes within a certain radius that's it's too close to fire at. Basically it's like an AI that only stands still and shoots bolts (same rate of fire). Like any mechanic object, the Sentry whistler can be disabled or destroyed by melee weapons.
    Cost: 150 (expensive: max capacity = 1)

OK, another entry in the "we need more stuff" category....

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
    Weapon:
    Freezing arrow
    Something that completely immobilizes everyone within the blast radius of a firebolt, for only 100? Hell, I'd take 6 as a thief and own the map. Way overpowered.

Inventory item
    Spy orb (?) remote
    Nice, but with a major failing. Spy orbs don't stay where they've been thrown. They disappear after a short while.

Weapon:
    Poison bolt
    Not too bad overall, except what you get is essentially a tagbolt that also does more damage than a regular bolt, and has the capacity to do even more through the puddles. For 60, that's a pretty good buy. Slightly higher cost might even it out a bit.

Inventory Item
    Sentry Whistler
    OK, so basically what you want is an un-KOable, bolt firing AI that alleviates the problems with the current AI leaving their posts, and could be used to block doors completely (barring a very noisy destruction, anyway). And all for only 150. Not the most balanced of ideas.

Comment

Too bad the final 1.5 update will only have bug and map fixes.

Comment

save them for nightblade! heh, but poison bolts should hurt guards too if they step in the puddle, just like crack affects thieves

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          OK, another entry in the "we need more stuff" category....

Weapon:
          Freezing arrow
          Something that completely immobilizes everyone within the blast radius of a firebolt, for only 100? Hell, I'd take 6 as a thief and own the map. Way overpowered.
          I agree that it could be considered overpowered, but I forgot to mention that it moves about as slow as the firebolt, and thieves aren't really the best shots considering that they have a hard time "firing on the fly". I wanted the thieves to have an 'extreme use' arrow like the guards firebolt. Could use a bit of tweaking though, I'll admit that.

Inventory item
          Spy orb (?) remote
          Nice, but with a major failing. Spy orbs don't stay where they've been thrown. They disappear after a short while.
          Damn, that's a setback indeed. I guess this one is scratched then.

Weapon:
          Poison bolt
          Not too bad overall, except what you get is essentially a tagbolt that also does more damage than a regular bolt, and has the capacity to do even more through the puddles. For 60, that's a pretty good buy. Slightly higher cost might even it out a bit.
          I don't want to make it expensive, I want this weapon to be the guard's 'crack arrow'. Instead of making it more expensive, I guess the duration and damage could be nerfed a bit.

Inventory Item
          Sentry Whistler
          OK, so basically what you want is an un-KOable, bolt firing AI that alleviates the problems with the current AI leaving their posts, and could be used to block doors completely (barring a very noisy destruction, anyway). And all for only 150. Not the most balanced of ideas.
          Hmm, I really don't see the problem with this one. Instead I thought it would be a bit underpowered! Lets see.
          Un-KOable. I never said it was unKOable. In fact, it'd be easier to remove than an AI, seeing as you can blow it up by doing a charged blackjack hit on it (works with whistlers too, try it). Plus it doesn't shoot you when you come into a certain range, so it's useless in small areas (most usefull in hallways, or outdoors). 150 Banked loot is alot of money, so you'd better have something to show for it.

Again, I thought of these things to fit in MY map, not in thievery overall. That's why I'd like to add them as a mutator (if that is possible?).

Comment

Hmm, I was just thinking... what if spy orbs are altered in such a way that they DO stay where they've been thrown? You could also add another feature that they're only invisible to guards when they're in the shadows, so guards can collect the spy orbs when they do find one (if it's visible, or by using flares).

Comment

Like the idea about being able to re-use a placed spy-orb. Never noticed they disappeared after a while. How long before they do? I have been able to retreive them some time later in the game.
              Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
              Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Nice, but with a major failing. Spy orbs don't stay where they've been thrown. They disappear after a short while
                Damn, that's a setback indeed. I guess this one is scratched then.
                I thought that was sarcasm untill I read your second post.

Anyway, dissapearing spy orbs was intended as a feature, nothing in UScript says something can't exist indefinitively(sp?) if you don't do anything with it.
                ]V[]V[

Comment

I did make spyorbs that would stick to guards who walk over them/have them thrown at them. I probably should make them avaliable for download again sometime.
                  Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
                    I did make spyorbs that would stick to guards who walk over them/have them thrown at them.
                    Whoa, it would be sweet if the guards who have Scouting orbs stuck to them show up on the thieves auto-map or be able to detect them through walls somehow. It would be even better for ghosters since they can track their location from anywhere in the map and all it would take is to toss one at a passing guard.
                    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger
                      It would be even better for ghosters since they can track their location from anywhere in the map and all it would take is to toss one at a passing guard.
                      But there would have to be definite limits on those other wise you could pop one on each gaurd and rule the game. It would be like an in-game radar hack.

Comment

Which is why I didn't implement that (also because thieves recovering metal balls attached to the guard's groin area would be a little wierd so they are destroyed immediately after the thrower stops possessing them). Of course, you can stick the orbs to other thieves as well.
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by tundra
                          But there would have to be definite limits on those other wise you could pop one on each gaurd and rule the game. It would be like an in-game radar hack.
                          But keep in mind:
                          -you can only use one at once
                          -you can't move while using one
                          -you can't see team or other chat while possessing a Scouting Orb

I think they would make a great contribution to the game, allowing thieves greater ability to survey and gather intel on guard defences, before making their grab for an objective(s).
                          .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

I think I did the whole slap-an-orb-on-a-guard idea before...

I balanced it like this.

Throwing an orb on a guard would result that guard to become visible on the thieves map. You can't view or retrieve the orb, as the orb is lost. When the guard gets KO'd or killed, you won't be able to see that person on the map anymore.

Spy orb cost changed from 10 loot to 20 loot.

Comment

Yeah but make it so the thief has to be right next to the guard to place the orb on him so he could have blackjacked him. But with the orb on the guard the thief can see from the guards perspective (requiring good knowledge of the map). Only one per thief.

Comment

Working...
                              X