Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Existing map suggestions:

Gerome:

For balance sake. Add a secondary way into the library, maybe a skylight, or a window on the fireplace side.

Folly:

Make the roof near the coffins something else than wood. Thieves can use vine arrows to go up and grab the ruby (if it spawns upstairs) in less than 10 seconds from the start.

Spider:

Could use an extra Captain. Perhaps change the guard who's allready patrolling the appartments into one.

Also, add a sleeping guest or 2 in the appartments, so thieves have to be extra stealthy when entering them.

Nostalgia:

Fix the sewer covers. I suggest to open, an upwards movement, then a slide to one side. Reverse for close. Similar to the version released with 1.1.

Provide an alternate way to exit Nostalgia without inventory items. (I.e., so a thief doesn't need to pre-buy lockpicks or a vine arrow.)

Spider:

I'd suggest to auto-detect if a key to the appartments is dropped while in the appartments, and all appartment doors are locked, to respawn the key in one of the key spawn areas. This would prevent all three keys from being locked inside the appartment, therefore thieves hiding in shadows until time runs out because they can't do anything else.

Bourgeois:

Yeh, I should probably wait for the version that's coming out in 1.3, but for what it's worth....

Add a second way to enter and/or exit the attic. I'm imagining a really roundabout way that gets up up to that level, and then jumping from an adjacent building's window to an attic window. This roundabout way would have high-visibility areas from the house, not many places to hide from fire from the street or house, and would take a minute or two to traverse (a really long roundabout). This would help with the bottleneck that Bourgeois has. Make it less of a guard-friendly map.
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Nice Thread Idea Virus,

Ok,

Nostalgia

Just tidying up I think, fix the sewer lids, create a few more ways in and out, (just adding windows on the 2nd floor would suffice!

Germome

Agree with virus here, I like the window idea, and how about making the chimney wide enough to fall down and make the fire doseable.

Folly

I don't particuly like this map, however Many people do and it adds to the diversity of the map rotation, I would suggest making a few areas that look as tho they are dark but are not to be made more obvious.

Flats

Nothing, this map seems quite balanced. One thing I would suggest in all maps such as this is perhaps doors that make the "I'm locked" noise when you frob them rather than just being painted on But this could up the lag, i dunno

Breakout

The chokepoint.....

Spider

I agree with the key respawn on this.

If guards could ever camp the grail it would kill this level dead.
      ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
        [b]

Folly:

i believe that was the point...so the gyards would have to actually guard instead of waiting and staring at 2 doors
        http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
        -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
        -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

HEY! I like to wait and stare at doors!
          I Need Training!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkProject

i believe that was the point...so the gyards would have to actually guard instead of waiting and staring at 2 doors
            What's the use of an objective when the thieves can grab it from the getgo? I really doubt the mapper intended it this way, or else he wouldv'e done something to make the ruby more easily grabable when it spawns downstairs as well.

Comment

Regarding Folly, what do you folks think about the idea of me putting metal cages around the gem pedestals, and making the thieves throw switch(s) to raise the cage?

Comment

Originally posted by Ulukai
                Regarding Folly, what do you folks think about the idea of me putting metal cages around the gem pedestals, and making the thieves throw switch(s) to raise the cage?
                Good idea, Ulukai!
                JM

Comment

Can we dance in the cages?

No really, sounds like a good plan, but could be impossible to do when there is only one thief left (thief sets switch, heads to the ruby, guard throws switch just when the thief get there)...

Make it a one way system, like the gates on spider, and make it multiple switches as well.

Comment

Well, of course the switches would be one way (i.e. once the cages are up they're up). Otherwise it would be TH-HowToAmuseTwoIdiots, wouldn't it?

Comment

Well, of course the switches would be one way (i.e. once the cages are up they're up). Otherwise it would be TH-HowToAmuseTwoIdiots, wouldn't it?
                      Like the current elevator on Aquatone.

bring up
                      bring down
                      bring up
                      bring down
                      *bonk*
                      bring up
                      bring down
                      SLASH SLASH
                      guards win
                      JM

Comment

Skelston Head

Add servants at the treasure map locations ; perhaps link triggers and THlootdestroyers so that only the servant watching over the map is awake (other having triggered sleep)

Asylum

Add crazy prisonners (both helmeted , like in Breakout) in the cells , so that taking Bruno's body is a bit harder.
                        Perhaps give the Dr Rosenberg a little pet spider to defend him.

Gerome

How about electric lanterns (triggerable lights) near the locked window ? It would discourage sniping a bit , as the guards would have a larger safety zone to dodge and shoot. Could be deactivated from the little vats room , either switching or splashing water (the new THrepairable class would be used here)

Flats

Add either flares , caltrops , mines , or health potions in one or two footlockers at the guard barracks , to balance the game a bit. Perhaps make a few doors locked (pickable) to give guards a clue when chasing thieves on lower ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
                          Gerome

How about electric lanterns (triggerable lights) near the locked window ? It would discourage sniping a bit , as the guards would have a larger safety zone to dodge and shoot. Could be deactivated from the little vats room , either switching or splashing water (the new THrepairable class would be used here)
                          Yeah, after all, what Gerome really needs is something to make it a bit guard friendly, since it's so easy for thieves to win it, hands down, right now....

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                            Nostalgia:Fix the sewer covers. I suggest to open, an upwards movement, then a slide to one side. Reverse for close. Similar to the version released with 1.1.
                            I couldn't agree more with this one. I've been "caught" in the sewer lids on an otherwise perfect escape more than once.

Comment

How about lots of totally unfriendly spiders in the cages?

Erm, I mean, yeah, that would basically perfect that level, IMO. Maybe get rid of the weird screams too.

Spider:
                              I'd like to second the sleeping guests in the apartments idea.
                              BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Working...
                              X