This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned :(

It would seem that the recent temporary bans placed on Impulse have also effected me. I can't seem to get on both Brody's server and the Crackaz Public server, I'm hoping that’s the case as I don't remember breaking any server rules and have more recently been playing on the TOB ghosting server anyway. Imp and I live in the same smallish city so maybe that IP range thing is effecting me too.
    Do you think something can be done about this?
    .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Sorry to hear that glad, my ban on crackez hopefully will be lifted within a week.

Brody could probably reduce the ban range, as he has my word that I won't play on his server (under any name) until Nov 1st.

Comment

thx for posting Imp, I sort of feel that you have been hardly done by particularly on the forums and I don't blame you for this

Comment

I was afraid this might happen. Seeing as I'm too lazy to try and narrow the ranges right now, I'll just drop it.

Comment

Thanks LR, I owe you!

Comment

Originally posted by TafferBoy
            Thanks LR, I owe you!
            Nah, you don't owe me anything.

I'd say Impulse owes you.

Comment

It would seem that the recent temporary bans placed on Impulse have also effected me.
              I'm fairly certain that's not the case. You're both on different ISPs -- or at least that's what it looks like, he's on Comindico and you're on straight Telstra -- and have fairly narrow IP ranges that don't intersect.

I'm not sure why you're banned, if indeed you are, but I highly doubt that it's because of Impulse's recent ban. It's quite possible to ban him with no consequences to other Australian players. It is possible that my data is wrong, but again, that's not very likely.
              Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                Thanks LR, I owe you!
                Nah, you don't owe me anything.

I'd say Impulse owes you.
                I owe you both . I know my behaviour has been somewhat erratic recently.

thx for posting Imp, I sort of feel that you have been hardly done by particularly on the forums and I don't blame you for this
                Thanks mate, I appreciate your concern. I only want to get back to playing now as you can see (its a shame I have so much work to do) .

Originally posted by DarkBill
                I'm fairly certain that's not the case. You're both on different ISPs -- or at least that's what it looks like, he's on Comindico and you're on straight Telstra -- and have fairly narrow IP ranges that don't intersect.
                As I'm not trying to hide anything from any of you, first of all I am on Telstra as well as Comindico, as a result it is likely that I share the same range of IP's. In many cases glad and I alone have dropped from servers simultaneously when the remaining players on the server have not. Again this is likely due to the fact that we do share the same IP ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by impulse
                  As I'm not trying to hide anything from any of you, first of all I am on Telstra as well as Comindico, as a result it is likely that I share the same range of IP's. In many cases glad and I alone have dropped from servers simultaneously when the remaining players on the server have not. Again this is likely due to the fact that we do share the same IP ranges.
                  I'm not entirely certain, but I think Comindico -- and most other Australian ISPs -- get external bandwidth from Telstra. This is why you and other players would have connection problems at the same time, even though you have different ISPs.

This doesn't change the fact that you have seperate IP ranges, however. Each ISP has a certain block of addresses assigned to it, and these don't intersect. I've isolated the specific ranges for both you and TafferBoy, and they're completely different. I can PM you the details, if you're interested.
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

I'm not entirely certain, but I think Comindico -- and most other Australian ISPs -- get external bandwidth from Telstra. This is why you and other players would have connection problems at the same time, even though you have different ISPs.
                    I know that you are on target here, Telstra owns everything to do with telecommunications in Australia and all the Australian ISP's use Telstra's connection, For example I’m with ActewAGL a electricity and water company that has branched into an Internet service provider. The connection they use is Telstra's. The fact that Impulse and I live quite close to each other and that we both use ISP's which utilise the same connection should mean that we have similar IP's. But I’m no expert, I find it interesting to find that our IP's are very different. Like Imp said on some occasions Imp and I have been simultaneously dropped from a server.

In any case after LR lifted the Ban I could access the Crackaz server again so it seemed to do the trick. Again Thanks to LR.

Comment

But I’m no expert, I find it interesting to find that our IP's are very different. Like Imp said on some occasions Imp and I have been simultaneously dropped from a server.
                      They're different. Again, I'll provide details by PM if you're curious.

In any case after LR lifted the Ban I could access the Crackaz server again so it seemed to do the trick. Again Thanks to LR.
                      That's quite odd. I'll hopefully be looking at this a bit more tomorrow.

Comment

That'd be interesting DarkBill, pm me the results when you get them. I wouldn't be surprised if all the ISP's were renting lines and IP ranges from Telstra.

Oh I also found out today that we're going to install a wireless network in our new house, with TransAct cable. I know you all will appreciate that :lol: .

Comment

Originally posted by impulse
                          I owe you both . I know my behaviour has been somewhat erratic recently.
                          Its not just you Impy. I think there are a few with a short fuse at the moment.
                          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                          -YT

Comment

Oh I also found out today that we're going to install a wireless network in our new house, with TransAct cable. I know you all will appreciate that
                            Yes TransAct will be coming to me soon as well, yay for us
                            No more Lag Ko's from me either, not that I could do them in the first place :grin:

Comment

well, the ip ranges are quite close more than it seems.

first of all, u have both dynamic ips.
                              second fact u have definatly the same two sections in ur ip, and the third section is accidantly close. it is luck, if u have not the same third section in the same month.
                              so that makes a reduce to special section unimpossible.

so that would mean, i lift ban, and u two needs to take care not to join the same month

or i lift and imp stay out til banlift at nov 1st 2003

or (i would prefer this !!!) we can talk about ur playstyle and get the result, u ll change it plz. ur lag kos are hated in the community. if this could be a way, i would reduce my ban and lift it at oct, 15th 2003. sorry, but a little punishment should be.
                              A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                              Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Working...
                              X