Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really, really annoying bug...

... excluding the crouch water bug

Every server (i think) keeps eating (deleting) my loadout frequently. This happens when client side inventory is on and when it is off (doesnt make a difference and i dont know what it does anyway ). It is really, really annoying.

COuld you possibly do something about this for next release? or are you actually not going to release the new one and move onto soley UT2003 bimyo.

Another thing I feel the need to mention is are you going to have a simillar thing for thief 3? particularly if it has no multiplayer? It would be great if you did as thats where this mod type thing belongs really
    These days I find that I can't be bothered,
    To argue with them - well what's the point?
    Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

I don't have that problem.

Anybody else?

Comment

I have never heard anyone but CE complain about this. It might be something on your end, Citizen.

Comment

I have had that problem, but it's always been my own fault, not a bug. Happens when I'm trying to buy a loadout and respawn quickly, and I sort of hit mouse buttons at random, and hit the right mouse button first (saving an empty or random loadout), instead of the left mouse button.

Comment

the thing is it cant be that - why? because sometimes instead of deleting all my loadout it only deletes SOME of the items and not all of them

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            I have had that problem, but it's always been my own fault, not a bug. Happens when I'm trying to buy a loadout and respawn quickly, and I sort of hit mouse buttons at random, and hit the right mouse button first (saving an empty or random loadout), instead of the left mouse button.
            Yea I do that all the time too, but Im not sure what Citizen means. Does he mean his saved Loadouts are deleted or does he mean his inventory disappears?

One way to ensure you don't lose your loadouts permanently is to set readonly on the Thloadout.ini file. It will rewrite it if you hit right click on accident during the game, but when you shut down and reload the game, they will be back to normal. Just make sure you don't try to make a new loadout while the file is locked.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Erased
              the thing is it cant be that - why? because sometimes instead of deleting all my loadout it only deletes SOME of the items and not all of them
              CE, that used to happen to me, and the problem IS on your end, I believe. It stopped happening to me when I got more careful about buying my loadouts, I had to click and then wait a second before spawning. Never happens anymore. It would delete part of my loadout and stuff, wierd.

Comment

I had that. Pretty sure it was my fault too.
                The only constant is change.
                (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

So the moral of this is not to try and buy the loadout and then spawn quickly, as this causes the connection with the server to do something weird and break your loadout ok ty I will try it

Comment

Some server have more money to buy stuff with then others ( gawd darn irritating IMO ) If you then have more stuff in your loadout then 800 loot in the normal setting servers you are gonna miss stuff. I doubt that's the thing happening here, but still I wanted to mention
                    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I can imagine you in some twisted frenzy to respawn. :roll:
                      -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                      - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                      - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                      -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                        I can imagine you in some twisted frenzy to respawn. :roll:
                        This is made worse by how often LR needs to respawn...

Just kidding...
                        Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
                          This is made worse by how often LR needs to respawn...

Just kidding...
                          No you're not. It's completely accurate.

Comment

I used to have this loadout problem, but that was before thievery 1.3 which introduced the short-cut keys to buy loadouts instead of the selecting and clicking. Maybe this has something to do with it, or maybe not. Depends if CE uses the buy loadout shortcuts or not :?
                            .: Daymaster - Mockers Thievery Guild :.

Comment

I think the loadout keys were in before 1.3, at least I seem to remeber a bug involving them...
                              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X