X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impulse permanent banned

that s it.
    impulse again did play no other way than searching the fight with the guards, in his consicious of his lag ko.

he takes again and again advantage of that. he didnt try to play other way. he dont want anything else than ko, ko, ko, ko.

basta. get banned now permanent on Brodys Challenge.
    A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
    Vietcong Customs Center

Before Impulse goes off on one insulting people left right and centre (sorry for assuming such a bad thing, but ive seen it before), I just would like to say that this is Brodys server and has every right to make this decision.

TuF are by your side, Brody.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Awww... He was so close to getting broadband too.
      Immortius' Forge

Comment

Hasta La Vista Baby. :twisted:
        ~TuF~

Comment

I haven't joined your server (nor did I intend to) since the previous ban, so making the ban permanent achieves nothing.

By the way insulting me under an alias is gutless :wink: .

Comment

Sorry Impulse then... what the hell does this mean?

Originally posted by impulse

....and impulse can be a reasonable character after all!

I had fun last night by the way Brody. If time permits I might see you on again tonight woot!
            this post is located here: http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtop...t=2834&start=0

Didnt join since the last ban.... mmmm :? Me thinks not.
            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -YT

Comment

That could have been on another server - just because Brody was playing doesn't mean it was on Brody's server...
              Immortius' Forge

Comment

yup, it was not on my server. it was on tob. there u imp did nothing else again than searching the fight with guards only to knock them. he played the whole day in that style.
                im tired of that behavior. it is really not fair to all other players to go in the fight with guards in the full consiciousness to win each fights cuz he has advantage by lag. this is really not fair bahavior.
                i dont tolerate unfair. and as far impulse knows that, i dont tolerate more. it is not needed to wait til he would do that unfair behave on my server. cuz he wont do, not to break any rule, like "no guardhunting".
                what i am talking here about is not guardhunting,im talking about constantly taking advantage by lag to win the game. this behave is not only serverlimited. all players should play fair to others not couse of any specific rule. it is everyonce task to be fair.
                A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Originally posted by Brody
                  ....imp did nothing else again than searching the fight with guards only to knock them. he played the whole day in that style....
                  Totally misleading. I had looted the entire level and was chasing guards around before we exited and won by objectives. I suggest you stop pursuing this issue brody, don't make me embarass you.

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                    Sorry Impulse then... what the hell does this mean?

Originally posted by impulse

....and impulse can be a reasonable character after all!

I had fun last night by the way Brody. If time permits I might see you on again tonight woot!
                    this post is located here: http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtop...t=2834&start=0

Didnt join since the last ban.... mmmm :? Me thinks not.
                    Mmm me thinks Fixxxer left his brain in the back seat of his car. I believe brody does play on others servers than his own .

Comment

Ah, Brody... He only agreed to limit his KO's on your server. Expecting him to limit his playstyle on other servers just because you are around is perhaps a little unfair?

The "exploiting lag" issue is a fairly debatable - from a purely technical point of view the guards get the same advantage against impulse as impulse gets against them, and then some from their superior distance to the server. This can be evidenced by guards hitting him when they are 10m away on his screen, or the poping back into rooms after he has escaped them, because a guard has blocked the door after he has travelled through it. The fact he has managed to adapt to these adverse conditions could be called learning to exploit his lag, but only in the same way ghoster exploit dark points in the shadow maps of levels, or the way guards exploit the farming of the supply chest.

Still, your word is final no matter what. That is your right as an admin. I respect this right. If I'm coming across as argumentative, insulting or otherwise annoying I apologise - I'm merely trying to communicate my opinion on this matter. Feel free to ignore it. But I would ask you to at least consider reconsidering the ban after Impulse has broadband and you have witnessed his behaviour in game afterwards.
                      Immortius' Forge

Comment

This kinda seems like banning a well known dmer from a ghosting server before he even joins...
                        Seems a bit unfair to me. At least give him a chance to prove he can play along nice, and run like hell if getting chased by a guard.

Comment

there is a good point there. There is no rule on other servers that you can't hunt guards. So as long as he doesn't do it on brody's challenge, then its not fair. The lag KO's are nasty but not unbeatable if you have a low ping : 70-160. Dial up users are screwed though. But regardless, at this point, since it wasn't on your server brody, I think he at least deserves to play how he wants on other servers, until they make it a rule.

Comment

Moot point. Game over, before this becomes yet another flamefest.

Comment

Working...
                            X