A few issues and suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few issues and suggestions

Ok i thought I'd dig this up since I got no responce lastime. Also there is a couple of new points.

It has been said before, but I will say it again: cracked AI should not hit you. Flashed AI dont hit you so why do cracked AI hit you??

Also i would really like the crouch water bug to be taken out - even if it means putting floaing whistlers in, which you can still make them float anyway. Im sure most people would agree with me on that one.

A slight idea that may cause controversy, but eliminate the lameness of stacking: prioritise what you pick up - eg objective status thingies are automatically picked up before "junk" meaning an end to lameness. That would benefit hugely imho.
    Why do I say this? It is hard enough on a level like breandor when the room is camped and mines and caltraps are there with 1000 AI so if the stacking could basically be eliminated with this change then it would make things a hell of a lot more balanced and actually force the gaurds to become reasonably skilled and try - otherwise thiefs will looose almost every time. I am only saying for objective stuff to be prioritesd though. I really think this would benefit Kind of like the "loot bodies first" option that you can turn on in thief 2 for when you KO someone (if you ko someone )

What would also be very good and funny is if you could go in the coffins in kormann and lock the chest in them, but this isnt a bug but a map suggestion.

Here's a suggestion to deal with latejoining.When someone tries to joing in the middle of a game, or latejoin, a vote is automatically called before they can join (when they have selected what side to join). It would be like normal votes and eg "JeremyBeadle wants to join thieves" (or gaurds depending on what team). and players vote yes or no. There would be time limit like normal votes. The defualt would be that the player is allowed to join, so if no one votes the player can join. This would mean that there needs to be a fair opposition to the late join to stop it

Players could vote to allow the person to join a certain team after the game has starting. this would eliminate latejoining. if the overall vote was no then.

Also AI have radar like senses and its anoyying. You run on grass or something and step into light and alert AI he runs after you. Then you run into shadow and are invis. Then you get tagged or paraed (sometimes it is normal arrows but iirc that is not as common). It is really annoying this radar thing and seems buggish. It is like super AI aimbot.

AI hearing is maybe a tad high, but that isnt the main issue hear. If it stays the same then no real problem.

I think most of you know my views on firebolts, and they aren't gonna be taken out of the game so there is no point going into that area. Far too destructive, esp when against ghost, and in some cases even used for random checks ffs.

Cheers, Daniel
    These days I find that I can't be bothered,
    To argue with them - well what's the point?
    Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

A slight idea that may cause controversy, but eliminate the lameness of stacking: prioritise what you pick up - eg objective status thingies are automatically picked up before "junk" meaning an end to lameness. That would benefit hugely imho.
    Why do I say this? It is hard enough on a level like breandor when the room is camped and mines and caltraps are there with 1000 AI so if the stacking could basically be eliminated with this change then it would make things a hell of a lot more balanced and actually force the gaurds to become reasonably skilled and try - otherwise thiefs will looose almost every time.
    Then again instead of buying tag bolts I could then buy firebolts and firespam when I hear a gulp or see the objective disappear.

Comment

oh thats useing your noodle
      I have sex with my hand!

Comment

Wasn't that the point of the red cursor when you look at the objective? When the cursor is red, don't you grab the objective instead of anything on top of it?
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

yes but when the cursor is red. If its stacked then you are unlikey to get it without having to move stuff first, and esp with bodies, this results in death if gaurd camped (which it undoubtably will be). If you are not seen before (which is unlikely as there will be mines and whistler and suchlike undoubtedly) then moving stuff will make you visible and if not, and will alert gaurds who see flying equipment or hear it

If your gonna camp objetives there is no need to stack, as you see the objective is gone so you kill then. That is the fairest way and it gives people a chance. What i suggested would make stacking irrevant
          These days I find that I can't be bothered,
          To argue with them - well what's the point?
          Better to take you shots and drop down dead.

Comment

The red cursor dont have a big enough radius....almost no help.

In some map its even an bad thing since guards can see it too !!! (find which chest have the objective :? ).
            [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

I quite like it when the objective item has been covered with stuff. Although its really annoying if you get killed whilst moving stuff it's a good challenge if you manage to dig the item out and make off with it. I did it the other day on Skelston head where it was 2 verses 2 and the other guy did a distraction and i used lots of crack. It took us two goes but the thieves weapons are very powerful!

Comment

I would VERY MUCH like to see guards hurt eachother when they hit eachother. It doesn't make sense otherwise! The main reason I would like this is that when a thief crack arrows a guard he slashes wildly. E.g. in th-Spider the guards may stack ai and themselves in the upper switch area and you can't get in. If you crack them and they couldn't slash wildly it would improve the gameplay A LOT and be more realistic.

*Please* consider this beta1.5 designers!!!
                Night of the Werewolves II
                HarryPotterwars
                A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Friendly fire is already in the game- it's a server option.
                  Unfortunately, possible abuse from ragers prevents it from being feasable.
                  Nightwarden,
                  .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                  - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

IMO It would only unbalance gameplay to the advantage of thieves and that's not an improvement over gameplay of TUT for sure.
                    Oh and lol at the "more realistic" argument.
                    AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                    Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Fair enough I didnt know it was a server option. But it still sux when guards can jam ai into a small space (eg th-spider's switch) and even with a ton of crack the thieves cant get in. Something must be done to allow thieves weapons to work.
                      Night of the Werewolves II
                      HarryPotterwars
                      A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Decoy arrow?
                        "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

If it's TH-Spider, it shouldn't be an issue to sacrafice one life to flip the switch thats being uber-guarded...
                          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                          X