Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something strange

hi online all thieveryfriends,

as u all know i do run an anticheat mutator since a few months on my server. This is AntiShockHo3b. today i installed the latest update version4. that includes new cheats to detect and discover and an webadmin access.
    on my way doin a more popular server i am also ready with several little other things to install. what i did today too.
    a wonderful chatfilter program to make a nice talking sure on my server like known in forums. bad words will be changed to another word or just deleted in hte message. the server itself makes simultanouesly a warning and after 3 used bad words the player looses the ability to chat for a time, i can defne and if he goes on after that, he get kicked by server. this is Bodenx2.
    additional i installed today another little mutator AKA. this is useful to avoid aliasing. i define ips with the players name and whenever the ip matches to an other playername it renames the player automaticly.
    so i installed and configured today three mutators:
    1. ASH400
    2.BodexX2
    3.AKA

well as we tested the functions in our office, where the thievery server is standing, it seems all to work. cuz we did not play really, just insulted each other to test , hehehe.

today evening as my girl and later me joined the server, we saw it. something was definatly wrong, cuz my girl as guard sworded a thief and he did not die. later some players made a test with other thiefs and guards. no one could die it seems. so i closed the server and deleted all new files and reinstalled the old ASH. tomorrow i will try to find the mstake and fix it.

i am vey sorry for SMITHNWESSON;LOTOR;BlueRocks,Osc,Dragon,>Louie that i ruined ur game.

i switched it back to the old basic and it runs all wonderful. somewhere it seems i had something overswiched, oversetted. i ll try to fix tomorrow.

cu online
    brody
    A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
    Vietcong Customs Center

AKA sounds really nice, I would appriciate it if you could get that to work.

Comment

yeah, its working well.
      each of that progs running very well, and is s good resource to avoid alias and discover very quck and automatic by server.
      but it seems if all run together there is a prob.

well, i ll see.

Thievery Customs Center
      Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Then keep out the one that doesn't allow swearing and stuff. :twisted:

Comment

sorry, i dont understand ur words, could u say it easier?

<<< german

Thievery Customs Center
          Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Swearing is saying bad stuff, I was suggesting you would leave out BodexX2.

Comment

It was definitely wierd, but it seems only a few people could die, but not everyone.... I got 1,597 damage on grange, but 0 thief kills. I was koed 3 times, and killed as an expiriment in the next game in Theatre. also, when i killed a guard by my bow, it said i murdered him with my nothing (sorry chief). Also, when guarding, Osc was invisible when he didn't move. A very strange game.

I got some log shots, and some scoresheet shots, and i'll upload them when i can. Probably on Friday.

Oh, and Dragon, sorry for getting mad at you on Crackaz afterwards.
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Omega
                AKA sounds really nice, I would appriciate it if you could get that to work.
                ehm guys where is the fun then? There is for everything a rule on ya server and now for these stupid little things too... Iam not for the anti-alias.... very stupid program!!! Brody your server is pretty cool so dont run such a anoying prog.!!!
                I think without aliasing the fun is gone.... :cry:
                And most of the guys like it to alias....

CRAP!!! ops:
                "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Its quite bad, when an aliaser relies on his aliases.... for fun becasue he doesnt enjoy the game without it.

-TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                  - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                  - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                  -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                    Its quite bad, when an aliaser relies on his aliases.... for fun becasue he doesnt enjoy the game without it.

is it?
                    "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Can you add certain ips to the rules so they don't get renamed- how else am I supposed to catch out my members when they forget to ghost? (glares at Lotor )
                      [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

the aka is quite easy fo handle. just define the ip with the players name. if u would have any ip that is NOT defined, u will not get renamed.
                        >>>> for all that will shout Jippie at that point <<< : it works with * too. so ratation ips is no safe NOT to get discovered.
                        see, it is usefull for some players to stay discovered, as far i know that i wont fill their ips in the aka. but the others i ll do. because as far i see it, the most ppl disagree useless aliasing. there are lots of players doing too much alias, then fake to be noobish and annoy the others. i wanna try avoid that as best as i can. this is my buddygift for fixxxer.
                        so the aka works with ips and ranges and *ranges. i did NOT all players in of course, and i wont do of course. i m not sure about the way i will go:
                        just leave some players that aliasing out of file or should i ask to their request to stay out of file? im not sure actually.

i myself think its a good program. my way on my server was always a transparency server, so that is one more step to it.

Thievery Customs Center
                        Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Originally posted by Brody
                          the aka is quite easy fo handle. just define the ip with the players name. if u would have any ip that is NOT defined, u will not get renamed.
                          >>>> for all that will shout Jippie at that point <<< : it works with * too. so ratation ips is no safe NOT to get discovered.
                          see, it is usefull for some players to stay discovered, as far i know that i wont fill their ips in the aka. but the others i ll do. because as far i see it, the most ppl disagree useless aliasing. there are lots of players doing too much alias, then fake to be noobish and annoy the others. i wanna try avoid that as best as i can. this is my buddygift for fixxxer.
                          so the aka works with ips and ranges and *ranges. i did NOT all players in of course, and i wont do of course. i m not sure about the way i will go:
                          just leave some players that aliasing out of file or should i ask to their request to stay out of file? im not sure actually.

i myself think its a good program. my way on my server was always a transparency server, so that is one more step to it.
                          so u know that is unfair to the other player who cant alias...
                          Same chances for all!!! Or?

Comment

Surprisingly I am not in favor of the AKA. It gives problems when you rename yourself so a friend can play for example. It also gives problems if you want to alias to have a normal game without being seen. ( This does not include the people who alias to distroy a game, or that anoy people )
                            It gives problems if people have a brother, for example fixxxer or daniel. It gives problems if the IP range comes in a range from someone else .. so two different players can suddenly not use their own names anymore. If you have to remove the people from the AKA list for the reasons said in the last 2 examples you'll keep one small list of players that ARE in the list. It's useless in my eyes.

The swear thingy IS good btw.
                            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

i personally dont understand what u want mr. phae.
                              this is what i meant so excact. ppl like fixxer/mach, daniel/family, loui/terryn that use the same ip cannot be renamed. i know that myself.
                              the rest is to handle. as same as it is careful to handle for ipbans. so i do it too. we check the ip and the ranges so close as possible. so we can ban ONE person, so i can rename ONE person. it s working the same way.

there could be reasons for not beeing renamed. admins who want to observe the server, leaders that observe the behave of their members. sure. as i said, i m not sure what way i will go.

so u cant tell me here anything for that aka file, i did not think about myself. thank u also.

Thievery Customs Center
                              Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Working...
                              X