~TuF~ Server Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~TuF~ Server Return

Ok, recently, like many others I've become frustrated with the stability of the 2 main public servers, Crackaz, and Brodys. I really appreciate the use of these two servers and I kinda feel bad for being angry because they keep crashing, you provide them for free etc.... so thank you.

So, to attempt to remedy this problem i'll be running the ~TuF~ Public server for a while, there may be some days where it's not up, and some where it'll be laggy (my dad has these downloading sprees), I apologise, monday and friday nights will be our practice normally, unless we're feeling lazy and can't be assed.

I'm running some alternate mutators, such as Monkeys torch sniffer (random torches blow out) and Apaches alternate bolts on his aracnaphobia map (availible over at TOBS website or Chainsawdeath.co.uk)

Mapvote is also installed, with accumulation voting, so everybodys maps are played eventually.

I've NOT enabled death on KO or Kill.... YET..... I'll see what the stats are, and if the matches are being constantly Deathmatched, i dont WANT to turn them on.

Wake on frob is ON, and it's a 5 minute timer, erm.... thats it i think..

Oh yes, the server at the moment is SOLID, I don't think it'll crash easily, so smash what you like, and find whatever easter eggs on folly you please.

Standard banlist in effect, i.e. no kewlazme, if he's seen, please record time date and alias, if I see any known lamers, the hand of god shall poke them from existance into bandom.

Ok, have fun and GG's!

Edit : It's a dedicated Machine too, 1ghz P3, 1/2 gig memory. not to shabby eh!
    ~TuF~

Good Stuff.

I played on the server today and its solid as a rock. On th-karmasutra I smashed almost every window... and the server didnt even flinch.

Also '!' had a skirmish with Louie's '>' on the server as well, which went down well. (outcome was a draw, if anyone is intrested)

Hope people enjoy the server.
    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -YT

Comment

Thanks.

The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Comment

Please take mapvote away! Aside from my standard gripes, it was conflicting with something else for me tonight, and the damn screen would not go away! It prevented my from buying anything about half the time.
          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Good show Machster. Map vote or lack thereof doesn't particularly worry me...
            Nightmaster,
            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
            - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
              Please take mapvote away! Aside from my standard gripes, it was conflicting with something else for me tonight, and the damn screen would not go away! It prevented my from buying anything about half the time.
              Sorry Bill, but mapvote has to stay, for some reason my server won't change map at the end of the game, it'll keep playing the same one over and over This fixxxes it, if you can find a way to remedy my problem i'll remove it asap!
              ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                Ok, recently, like many others I've become frustrated with the stability of the 2 main public servers, Crackaz, and Brodys.
                there may be some days where it's not up, and some where it'll be laggy (my dad has these downloading sprees), I apologise, monday and friday nights will be our practice normally, unless we're feeling lazy and can't be assed.
                Hmm. Right.
                I'm cool!

Comment

Those two comments are completely unrelated MegaDude, In the first I am refering to the crashes on both the servers, such as when you smash something on Crackaz, the second quote I am explaining that sometimes, the server may not be up or laggy, but when it is up, it'll stay up, hopefully not crashing, offering people crash free gameplay.
                  ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by !eduDageM
                    Ok, recently, like many others I've become frustrated with the stability of the 2 main public servers, Crackaz, and Brodys.
                    there may be some days where it's not up, and some where it'll be laggy (my dad has these downloading sprees), I apologise, monday and friday nights will be our practice normally, unless we're feeling lazy and can't be assed.
                    Hmm. Right.
                    Dont join it then. No sweat on my dick.
                    -YT

Comment

Your brotherly love is admirable.
                      I'm cool!

Comment

Originally posted by !eduDageM
                        Your brotherly love is admirable.
                        Do you even know what it's like to have a brother?

Probably not...... the docter who spawned you realised his mistake and didn't make another.

This server is a FREE service, if you don't like it dont join
                        ~TuF~

Comment

Do you even know what it's like to have a brother?
                          Extremely sexually satisfying?
                          I'm cool!

Comment

I remember you moaning at me, because you thought I responded to something you said, and you told me I was using it as an opportunity to get at you.

So whats this? You have not been provoked? So why spam a thread about a new server, talking about me and my brother?

Just think before posting.
                            -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                              Just think before posting.
                              think ... think ... that's the magic word
                              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Working...
                              X