run jump won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run jump won't work

i was playing tut the other day when to my astonishment my running and jumping stoped working, that is when i hold down shift to run and the hit 0 to jump it won't jump. i messed around with a few things and found out it was just when i used shift to run

can any bodyhelp me?
    "When it is difficult to put someone to the sword with one hand, by all means kill him with two hands"
    Miyamoto Musashi

Let me guess, 0 = numpad 0 ?

Try leave your numlock on next time, if you don't have it on it's a whole other combination, and you will not jump
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Some keyboards have certain keys they don't like pressed together and one or both don't work at all. If it wasn't numlock you could try using a different key.
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Or buy a better keyboard...
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

...Or bind your keys to something normal
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

You mean something so intuitive like the wasd config?

I use the arrow keys for movement. I have since the Doom/Wolf3D days and still haven't found any problem with lack of nearby keys(even in games that don't allow you to bind the keypad) which seems to me to be the best argument for using wasd.
            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

I used to use the arrow keys, until I saw the light one day and used WSAD. I've never looked back.
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

Originally posted by FixXxeR
                I used to use the arrow keys, until I saw the light one day and used WSAD. I've never looked back.
                Same here. It's so much easier to rest your hand where all the keys are, and have your other hand on the mouse.

Try it. Now. Or I'll beat you with a noodle.
                The only constant is change.
                (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Or PL;' for the lefties.
                  "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

I use numpad (4 to move and 12 to other stuff). Also the Insert, Delete, Home, End, PAgeUp/Down keys are always accesible by my little finger and they're usefull (6 more keys).

"Do not touch the NumLock!"
                    In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

i use arrow keys, because my fingers are long enough to reach anywhere else on hte keyboard i want......

but anyways, numlock can be a pain while using keyboard binds.
                      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I use 14 keys within easy reach of the arrow keys that I use for Thievery, which is the only game I play that I have a use for all of those keys(some of which are custom binds). I also have 5 additional unused(and bindable) mouse buttons. I have no need to switch to wasd just yet.

Comment

The idea isn't so much having lots of keys to use, its more about comfort. Assuming your mouse is on the right side of the keyboard, the arrow keys are just in the wrong spot to be used in conjuction with it...
                          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Yup. Believe it or not I used my old Doom key configuration for many years (comma/period for strafing + surrounding keys for various actions). Needless to say the inherent discomfort of such a configuration subsided once I switched to WASD.

Comment

I have space to move my keyboard about 10 inches to the left, which I do whenever I play a game. I also position it at an angle. The arrow keys are then in the perfect spot for me to use them.

Comment

Working...
                              X