Weapon mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon mutator

to all testers put your impresions, your feelings and your thoughts right here.
    -(did you have a good world when you died?)-enough to base a movie on?

which mutator is this? are you talking about the 13 new weapons thing? cus i love that one!
    http://publictut.webhop.net/
    Community Server for ALL to use for
    hosting: Avatars, images, files, maps,
    and more!

Comment

yes it is that weapons mutator. 8)
      [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

yeah they are not bad... the long sword is not bad!
        "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

IMHO.

If these would ever be used in real games, I'd suggest NOT using:

Power sword - too much advantage for sword thieves as it is, we dont need harder hits
          Dagger - too awkward to use, can't even see a charged hit on the hud, and its a little too damaging. To be taken seriously you should make the dagger less damaging than a sword, and only one hit kill on unalerted AI, otherwise just 3 hit points per stab.
          Titan bomb - its just silly, and they dont die, doesnt fit
          Decoy bombs - needs to be dropped down to like 3 decoys per bomb becuase it is lagcity. Also only allow one active decoy bomb at a time. its a great idea though, unfortunately the lag takes over.

The rest of them are perfectly practical and awesome weapons.
          but spider bomb spiders should be tiny like the vent spiders in asylum (but keep them as pet spider types) and they should only cause little damage like the vent spiders and die with one hit. lower the price a bit to balance it.
          and more!

Comment

fossil doesn't take that so serious... they are fun weapons!
            "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

Yes they are, so good I would like to see them in normal games, not just silly games, but with the exceptions above to keep it fair and balanced.
              and more!

Comment

hmmm yeah your point is right! But maybe they are only for thiefmatch or whatever!?

Comment

Yeah this weapons are great!!
                  I wanna see them in thiefmatch, sure it will be make a lot of fun to kill each other with this weapon!!
                  Plz Talk with the ppl who make the tutservers.
                  I hope the mutator will come to thiefmatch
                  ...my favorite is the longsword....
                  My english isnt the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Nanaki
                    Yeah this weapons are great!!
                    I wanna see them in thiefmatch, sure it will be make a lot of fun to kill each other with this weapon!!
                    Plz Talk with the ppl who make the tutservers.
                    I hope the mutator will come to thiefmatch
                    ...my favorite is the longsword....
                    I guess you can already use that in thiefmatch...

Comment

sandy?Longswords??
                      at the last time i plyed there wasnt longwords or something else!!
                      My english isnt the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Nanaki
                        sandy?Longswords??
                        at the last time i plyed there wasnt longwords or something else!!
                        U r only spamming threads -> SHUT UP sandman
                        pff no way! :roll:
                        Maybe the longsword wasnt there because brody doesn't run it on the Thiefmatch Server, but u can run the mutator on everything.... thiefmatch, T vs G and Co-op too! Thats no problem!
                        I think brody didn't run it because it makes the server crashing and laggy! But Chief or Immortius made a less buggy version and this one doesn't crash any more!
                        Or am I wrong?

Comment

you're wrong Anyway by longsword you mean the powersword. As to the lag/crashing it was caused by excessive use of the thief decoy bomb. So the mutators ini (which can be edited by the server host) should have the limit of the spider bomb,titan bomb and the 2 decoy bombs to 1.
                          As to the titan bomb, the titans do go away after 45 seconds as long as a human player is in its sight radius (even if it cant attack the player) and no I don't know why this is or how to fix it 8)

The dagger being difficult is on purpose, it does 100 points worth of damage so if it were easy to use the game would be over in 3 minutes

The mutator didnt really list the disadvantages of each weapon so...

Dagger: Makes thieves fully lit, non-charged fire gives only one point of damage, also a guard with a mace or sword can be 60mm away from a thief to hit him, the dagger you need to be 10mm.

Power Sword: It does mace like damage, but slows thieves down (just like the mace).

Titan Bomb: Requested by Flack, kills thieves and guards, should explode after 45 seconds but occasionally doesn't.

Decoy bombs: as mentioned. The guard decoy bomb is pretty much lag free. The thief decoy does cause lag if used excessively (hence the ini edit needed).

Spider bomb: Fun for all the guards, they can be killed, cracked etc. But they need the limit because there are too many per team. But the size doesnt matter, the bite does a bit

Though I belive Immortius is busy with night-blade so im not gonna ask him to make a newer version, i may have a look into it to see if i can edit anything but i dunno if i'll be able to. 8)
                          [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Working...
                          X