Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief Bow

Is the theif bow getting a nerf in 1.3
    I'm getting tired of the crack + 3 arrow combo.

It takes at least 5 arrows to kill at thief and only 3 to kill a guard... it shoot way too damn fast... so fast that I often get it while hammering them with a sword.
    "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Stay out of the vents and you'll find it happens a lot less.

Nightwarden,
    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
    - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

"A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

almost never happens to me....like mentioned above... don't go into vents.... that;s the only way a thief can get away froma guard when in the vetns..and usually the thief still gets killed
        http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
        -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
        -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

If a guard is in the vents, the thief bow should do 2x damage. Just an idea.
          BobTheDog says, "Now you've gone too far!"

Comment

Instead of nerfing the bow, the crossbow should be buffed.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowgrab
              Instead of nerfing the bow, the crossbow should be buffed.
              I'll second that ,although it is MG's fault for following thieves into vents (where guards are fairly handicapped by their slow speed & larger size)

Comment

Did Mad Gerbil mention he was in the vents?
                "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                  It is fairly difficult to hit a cracked guard, except when he's in vents.

Comment

The thief bow is extremely fast and deadly.
                    I just find it annoying I can be beating on a guy with a sword and he arrows me to death when he should be running. =P

It doesn't matter I suppose, I can find a way to vent hunt to counter the bow so don't look for vents free of me anytime soon. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                      I just find it annoying I can be beating on a guy with a sword and he arrows me to death when he should be running. =P

It doesn't matter I suppose, I can find a way to vent hunt to counter the bow so don't look for vents free of me anytime soon. =P
                      When firing fully charged, the rate of fire is similar, if not, slower than the guard xbow. And it does just 5 hp more damage, not taking hit zones into account.

You have the option of firing faster, but that means your arrows do less damage.

Comment

Hmm...I know a mini-one was done before, but has anyone done an in-depth analasis of bow vs xbow?

Kiech
                        Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                          Hmm, check MGs signature.

I've got nothing against vent-hunting, that ladder in the cylindrical vent room (aquatone) wasn't put there for thieves to sneak in with.

But if you choose to play dangerously, you can't complain when you find the odds are against you.

Comment

I'm sure I'm not the only one but I make sure to buy crack when gerbs guarding aqua. If you think your man enough to come in the vents after us you'll find we don't like to play nice.
                            "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
                            -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                              I once killed GreatSnafu on Grange in the vent part. He shot at me, and I somehow managed to dodge some of his shots. I thought I was a goner... then I got to him and sliced and diced him.

That is the ONE time I have ever killed GreatSnafu.

Consider staying out until you're good... the vents are not for the kiddies MG...
                              TCO – Retired
                              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X