Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Taunt Hot Key

Hi,

I've noticed something in Thievery 1.4 thats very annoying. The Voice thing.

Using a mouse to control it is downright silly, cause it takes so long to do... n in that time I could get killed.. so the only time to do it is when u are safe n don't need it. It should be a hot key... Say V which brings up a menu with some numbers 1- whatever of the taunts n u just press that key. Much faster n safer way to do it.

I hope u'll change this in the next version.

Another thing I'd love to see, is a more real arrow flight.. at the moment, it seems to disappear form me n appear somewhere else... where we should see the flight of it, cause it makes it much harder to judge. Sure practise makes perfect.. but I think a more realistic arrow flight would be much cooler.

The other thing that really annoys me, is the imbalance between the damage a guard can do compared to a theif. If I shoot a guard with a broadarrow, more than likely it has little effect unless I catch him unawares... n the only time I'd do that is at distance which makes it hard to judge n if I miss my cover is blown.

How about making it a more serious weapon to counter the Guards fire arrow? If I see a guard about to zap me with a fire arrow, I need something to counter him... n its silly to add a new weapon, just strengthen the broad arrow to balance that out. Simple, doable... n reasonable

Thanks
    Venus

You can bind taunts to keys. Just learn how or do a search in the forums to find out how.
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Venus
      How about making it a more serious weapon to counter the Guards fire arrow? If I see a guard about to zap me with a fire arrow, I need something to counter him... n its silly to add a new weapon, just strengthen the broad arrow to balance that out. Simple, doable... n reasonable
      Your main two weapons in this instance are flash and crack.
      Strengthening the broadheads would lead to a slew of DM'd levels; at the moment it only takes around three broadheads to kill guards. Are you suggesting a single arrow should kill a human guard? It's already a very powerful weapon as things are currently.
      Nightmaster,
      .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
      - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

I think the game is pretty balenced as it is. My only concern is a guard can still buy 7 fire arrows I think it should be limited to 2 or 3.

Another thing I'd love to see, is a more real arrow flight.. at the moment, it seems to disappear form me n appear somewhere else... where we should see the flight of it, cause it makes it much harder to judge. Sure practise makes perfect.. but I think a more realistic arrow flight would be much cooler.
        You obviously need more practice. No one else has ever mentioned this. Unless you want to code in 'real arrow flight' all sounds a bit complex.

How about making it a more serious weapon to counter the Guards fire arrow?
        2 words. Water arrow.

If I shoot a guard with a broadarrow, more than likely it has little effect unless I catch him unawares...
        Um... no. Broadheads are uber. :grin:

Sorry to pick on almost everything you've said, but really it just looks to me like you need practice. Lots of practice.
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Yeh ur all right, I do need more practise lol... I'm a total noob at this lol... its alot harder than thief, rightly so... but mostly I was replying to alot of comments I've seen about fire arrow spamming. I equate fire arrows the same as nades in other games...

Ahhh well...

Could someone explain to me how I can bind the taunt keys?
          Venus

Comment

Could someone explain to me how I can bind the taunt keys?
            Theres a thread explaining Here.
            -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
            - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
            - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
            -YT

Comment

this one is very good too! http://shadowguild.net/tutorials/
              have fun
              "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

^
                A good link for the exec thingamajig.

-If you don't mind a bit of reading, http://www.chainsawdeath.co.uk/newbguide/newbguide.htm is a good newbie guide.
                -There is a list of taunts' corresponding numbers, which seems to be what you're asking for, at http://shadowguild.net/tutorials/8

Comment

More real arrow flight?

I thought that's what we had. The arrow actually followsthe arc that a real arrow would. coming from a real wooden bow (maybe you've never fired one?) I don't know, but maybe you have a spwer computer than most, but every arrow has a flight path and time it takes to get there, and ever step in between is represented by the bolt following. It's possible to dodge even the fastest of standard bolts, the fastest projectile in the game. Unfortunately, you can't catch it, even though it becomes highlighted (maybe the devs could fix that?)

And for a balance of firepower for thieves, you other thread was complaining about the stupidity of suggestions and how this "isn't a quake game". Seems a little contradictary if you want to raise the thieve's raw killing power.

Oh, BTW, welcome to thievery.
                  "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                  X