Some Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions

1 - After every two or three maps, in the middle of a game, my frob no longer works and when I reconnect, I find myself in another map. Why?

2 - Have I been banned? I was playing halfway when ^#1 occured yet again. And when I refreshed all the servers, all the players were gone. I'm not sure what server it was but uh, people like Cythe, Grak, Jannis, laggy raptor were there about half and hour ago. Sorry, wish I could provide more information. I think it was a thief vs guard server.

And I don't think I did anything wrong other than being a clueless newbie.

3 - Is there a specific time where the TUT servers are packed? I really want the practice and be more involved with the guilds and such. (I'm in Southeast Asia so if there's going to be the EST time or whatever you call them, could you please direct me to a link where I can err, "convert" the time so I'll know exactly what time to log on?)

4 - The most I see are 4-5 servers. I have lots of trouble getting ASE to work so let's leave it... Are there any IP's I can just add and that are not in the server list?

5 - Any place or person I can look for some advice? Gameplay-wise.

6 - And just wondering... how well do the players take in the newbs?

7 - Do "genius" guards plant traps? Do the bots do anything else other than walk around and hunt?

Thanks.
    <<----Brookhaven S3---->>

Originally posted by Child of Karras
    1 - After every two or three maps, in the middle of a game, my frob no longer works and when I reconnect, I find myself in another map. Why?
    Server crashes make buttons seem to not work, you will notice a little lightening bolt on the right side, when you see that sign, it means you are either lagging or the server crashed. Best way to test, see if you can talk/whisper, if talking works, then its just lag, if your text doesnt show up in the upper left talk box, then the server crashed and probably autorestarted so just goto the menu and hit Reconnect to server and you should be ok.

2 - Have I been banned? I was playing halfway when ^#1 occured yet again. And when I refreshed all the servers, all the players were gone. I'm not sure what server it was but uh, people like Cythe, Grak, Jannis, laggy raptor were there about half and hour ago. Sorry, wish I could provide more information. I think it was a thief vs guard server.
    And I don't think I did anything wrong other than being a clueless newbie.
    we all left after the last crash, you didn't do anything wrong.

3 - Is there a specific time where the TUT servers are packed? I really want the practice and be more involved with the guilds and such. (I'm in Southeast Asia so if there's going to be the EST time or whatever you call them, could you please direct me to a link where I can err, "convert" the time so I'll know exactly what time to log on?)
    Its pretty random, different people play at different times, this is a small community from what I've noticed, and depending on the time zones and days shows different amounts of people.

4 - The most I see are 4-5 servers. I have lots of trouble getting ASE to work so let's leave it... Are there any IP's I can just add and that are not in the server list?
    There are not many servers, there are a few main ones that people have grown accumstomed to.and none of brodys servers work on ASE for some reason. So you wont see many on ASE. Just reload the game and check for players on the servers, or just join one and sooner or later people begin to join up.

5 - Any place or person I can look for some advice? Gameplay-wise.
    Just play some solo maps to get the feel for the AI and the maps, and when you feel confident to play online, many will try to help if you ask nicely.

6 - And just wondering... how well do the players take in the newbs?
    Most players I have found to be nice, its a very friendly community which I like a lot, I am sure you will enjoy us too.

7 - Do "genius" guards plant traps? Do the bots do anything else other than walk around and hunt?
    AI only patrols and guards, no traps. They can have sensitive hearing tho and learning their paths, and ways to fool their ears takes some time to learn.

Im sure you will like it here! Have fun and dont get too discouraged if you get KO'd a lot or killed a lot, it will happen a lot, just learn by doing and asking questions!

Comment

Edit: RAWR, ya beat me to it Hannu.

Hi CoK,

1. Wierd problem, never happens to me. Maybe someone knows something.

2. I doubt that you've been banned. The reason the player list doesn't show up properly is because the servers are running UT version 451 based setups(only security fixes for servers in it, so you don't need it).

3. The Aussies may be on at/around night time your time. I keep joining just before everyone over here is leaving so I can't really say when there are people playing in North America and Europe.

4. 4 or 5 public servers is about all there is. There are a couple of private servers as well.

5. You can spectate other players if you want. There was a guide written as well, but I don't know/have the link.

6. We're a newb friendly community.

7. The AI is pretty damn good, but it's not that good. They will use tag or para bolts on you though.
      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannu
        Just play some solo maps to get the feel for the AI and the maps, and when you feel confident to play online, many will try to help if you ask nicely.
        What was your nick on the servers just now? I don't remember seeing you.

Well that's just it. I'm afraid to get flamed back and forth. I did ask some questions if you remember but I don't want to be a burden either...

Comment

Hi Child of Karras,

Sal's pretty much covered everything here, if I see you online, I'll go easy.
          -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
          - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
          - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -YT

Comment

What was your nick on the servers just now? I don't remember seeing you.
            Oh sorry: Lucid illusion

Originally posted by FixXxer
            Sal & Hannu have pretty much covered everything here, if I see you online, I'll go easy.
            eh hem

Comment

Oh yeah... sorry mate
              -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
              - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
              - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -YT

Comment

There was in past Vegeta and Kargeff using the CoK Tag, which stood for "Children of Karras".

A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

Originally posted by Brody
                  There was in past Vegeta and Kargeff using the CoK Tag, which stood for "Children of Karras".

lol yeah Brody I thought the same... Who is that now? Vegeta, Kargeff or a new one?
                  "Blockheads never learn, Clever learn by his own mistakes, Intelligents learn by mistakes of others."

Comment

This particular CoK has been around TTLG for a while.

He's definitely clean.
                    Nightmaster,
                    .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                    - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Brody, Sandman

I do not who you speak of but I assure you, I am not Vegeta or Kargeff. I don't even like Anime to begin with. You can ask around at the TTLG boards... I'd be more active on these boards if I stuck around and I only had TUT reinstalled a few days ago and before that, my last session was in August 2003 and my posts never went beyond the first until a few days ago. Hope that clears things up.

Comment

Sorry. Double post.

Comment

Child of Karras,

see this?

"..... "

That had should suggest you, that i was kidding around.

again:

A real huge Man will neither stamp on a Worm, nor crawl for an Emperor

Thievery Customs Center
                          Vietcong Customs Center

Comment

A word of advice, ChildofKarras:

Don't take anything anyone here says seriously, especially a little Rat I know. Except me.. yeah, you can trust me. :wink:
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

Working...
                            X