Non-aggressive weapons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-aggressive weapons...

When your invisible, using a weapon will cancel the invisibility. IMO it might be better if that only happens when you use aggressive weapons (BJ, Broadheads, Crack etc.). I thought of this because it might be cool to be able to drink an invis potion while on fire, and be able to use a water arrow without wasting your invisibility.

EDIT: I'm sure 1.5 will be coming soon, so i'm hoping this isn't too late.
    <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Good idea, put it in, you crazy devs, you.

Comment

the prob with that is u can use water arrows are aggressive weapons...plus then the thief can jst run being invisible and extinguish all the torches int he hallways before his invisibilty wears off
      http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
      -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
      -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
      -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

I like the idea. Slap it in Make water arrows, unthreatening. It may be just what it needs to make the fire arrows less of a problem too
        -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
        - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
        - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
        -YT

Comment

Originally posted by DarkProject
          the prob with that is u can use water arrows are aggressive weapons...
          Tsch, besides soulsharbour, i'd like to know what thief actually used water arrows to kill a guard.

Originally posted by DarkProject
          plus then the thief can jst run being invisible and extinguish all the torches int he hallways before his invisibilty wears off
          Why would he want to? Dousing torches = darkness = invisibility without potions. If your going to put out torches, there's no need for invis. And if there's some special tactic to doing this, well then adding this feature will only open up more possibilities.

Water arrows, vines, and moss should count as non aggressive IMO. Seriously, it really sucks to drink an invis potion to get away from a guard, and fire a vine arrow, only to be shot down by some ai because your invisibility went away. Or when you grab an objective using a one-way entrance, but you can't escape because the doors are calted, and you can't use a moss arrow because your invisible.

Comment

I like this idea.

However, I don't think the devs are adding anything new, just fixing bugs. Plus, I don't even think the devs are working on this. I think one of us was tasked with fixing the last bugs or something. Yeah, who's working on this thing?
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

I use my spare vine all the time to Kill a guard. It definately is an aggressive weapon.

But hey, doesn't the invis go away when you take damage? Well, unless you can put the fire out with water right after you drink the pot there is no point...
              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

Nope it doesn't go away, but you flash visible for an instant when taking damage.

Comment

What if non-aggressive weapons, rather than making you lose the invis entirely, only make you flash visible for a second, similar to the blink when you take damage or drink the invis initially? You'd still need to be careful, but it wouldn't waste the potion.

Comment

Wazum! Now that sounds like a great idea.
                    -TuF- Emptying clan servers of their own clan members since 2010
                    - Agg moderator campaign supporter 2011
                    - #2 of 3 LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -YT

Comment

Sounds good occam. Now I only hope this isn't too late (which I have a feeling it is).

Comment

Working...
                      X